• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all take a moment to remember the saga of QB Jake Garcia. Originally from California, Jake was a top 100 national recruit committed to USC. When California announced no football in 2020, Jake went to Georgia to play for Valdosta and Rush Propst (a character in of himself). However, Georgia has a rule that the student has to move with his parents to play high school sports, and since Jake's mom couldn't move to Georgia because of work, she and Jake's dad got a divorce. This prompted an investigation into the legitimacy of the divorce, and Jake was deemed ineligible after 1 game. Jake then went and instead played for Grayson HS for the rest of the year. Jake decommitted from USC and committed to Miami. Jake would spend two seasons at Miami before transferring to Mizzou. Jake is now transferring again to ECU. Career stats thus far are 5 TDs 4 ints for 803 yards.

So next time you think you don't do enough to make your child a star athlete, please remember what the Garcia family went through just so their son could play QB at ECU.

Reactions: BTB
Caleb Downs now apparently entering the portal. Guess he doesn't like the new staff.

I'm curious the difference in the NIL situations at Bama and FSU, if that has any effect on all these transfers

Can't stomach winning at a high level. Taking a step back.
He started as a true freshman at left tackle on a team that won the SEC and went to the CFP. I think he's proven he's resilient. Heading home to play for a team that won 10 games a year ago and which regularly produces NFL lineman isn't soft imo.

tOSU in-home visit with Caleb Downs today.
I'd put money on UGA for Downs, but Ryan Donk has quietly put together quite an offseason already keeping a ton of draft eligible guys (Henderson, Egbuka, JTT, Sawyer, Burke, etc.). Plus adding impact transfers in Howard, Judkins, and the Bama C who can block but can't snap. The Judkins move still puzzles me - should be the best backfield duo in the country though, maybe by far.

Back