• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downs already had an apartment in Athens and was moved in and living there and enrolled. And tOSU reached out with that much of a better offer and boom. This is all so messed up.

Downs already had an apartment in Athens and was moved in and living there and enrolled. And tOSU reached out with that much of a better offer and boom. This is all so messed up.
Why?

tOSU fans have grumbled for years that $EC teams drop way bigger bags, particularly when it was illegal, and it's amusing to see those same programs now complaining.

My take is that Georgia and it’s fans are really complaining about losing Downs, they’re just kind of surprised. And they’re already stacked at Safety so the loss is sort of marginal. No sour grapes.

Also, RIP UGA X.

6 SEC
4 B1G
3 PAC 12/B1G
2 Big XII/SEC
2 ACC
1 ACC/ND

FSU is the third dark blue bar in the graphic.

How many Nielsen rated games are on any given weekend? NBC ND game, CBS, FOX, ABC, ESPN/2/U, FS1/2, any others? I wonder what percentage of those games involve those teams. It may be close to 50% especially early in the season. Seems like a selection effect.

Look how many viewers there are for these 18 teams that get to have their games shown on network television every week instead of cable or streaming services!!! Can you believe how concentrated the viewership is given that we show these teams games every single week?!?

Yeah, What if Wake v. Virginia with 8 losses between them in October were the game of the week ?!?!?

Also, FSU was not great between 2016 and 2022 and still made the list.

Seems like Moore is the obvious choice for Michigan, but what happens if he's implicated in the NCAA investigation? All of a sudden you've got another coach being suspended (at best) or receiving a show-cause for multiple level 1 violations (at worst).

Players seem to love him, so I'd imagine he'd do, by far, the best job of keeping the roster together (which is already going to be in rebuilding mode). Sounds like Minter is gone w/ Harbaugh, so maybe a few defections on defense.

Michigan finally plays a strong OOC schedule next year, and could legitimately be looking at 3-5 losses between Texas, USC, Washington, Oregon, and Ohio State. If their win total is anywhere above 9, I will be hammering the under.

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder who wins the most games next season between FSU and their huge roster turnover, Alabama between the huge roster turnover and new coach, and Michigan with their new coach new QB and other roster turnover.

Current active coaches who have won a National Championship:

Smart (2)
Swinney (2)
Brown (1)

Back