• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to have some hype if you get the coordinator jobs at Ohio State, OU, and USC. Doesnt mean he is any good though. Fast pace offenses want D-Coordinators who have experience with that stuff. I don't think Leach was too hurt when Grinch left though, he made a comment about how just keeps getting these D-Coordinators paid by big schools

Grinch did ok at Wazoo-- good enough to get hired by tOSU. A lot of tOSU fans were happy to see him go to OU, but he was a co-D coordinator there for one year with Schiano, who they also ran off. He certainly wasn't there long enough to make an impression on the D. But his defenses got worse at OU and more poorly conditioned with each passing year. He was brought to USC because FULR offered the entire OU staff the opportunity to come to USC. Many if not most of them went. Job security.

Grinch did ok at Wazoo-- good enough to get hired by tOSU. A lot of tOSU fans were happy to see him go to OU, but he was a co-D coordinator there for one year with Schiano, who they also ran off. He certainly wasn't there long enough to make an impression on the D. But his defenses got worse at OU and more poorly conditioned with each passing year. He was brought to USC because FULR offered the entire OU staff the opportunity to come to USC. Many if not most of them went. Job security.
I think we are saying the same thing.

Agree that OK State is down (the portal was a disaster), but man, their schedule is so soft. They avoid Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU; they play all of the bottom tier Big 12 teams: BYU, WV, Houston Cincy, and Iowa State. Plus, OK State gets their toughest games at home OU and K State.

The BC football schedule this year is just awful:

Northern Illinois
Holy Cross
Florida State (big time!!)
@ Louisville
Virginia
@ Army
@ Georgia Tech
UConn
@ Syracuse
Virginia Tech
@ Pittsburgh
Miami

They avoid Clemson, UNC, State, and Duke - all projected to finish in the top six by the media preseason. They also avoid Wake (picked to finish 9th). So they play the 14, 12, 11, 10, 8, 6, 5, and 2 projected teams. The only road game against a team picked in the top half is Pittsburgh*.

Typo as Louisville to start with whoopsies

Last edited:

Northern Illinois
Holy Cross
@ Louisville
Virginia
@ Army
@ Georgia Tech
UConn
@ Syracuse
Virginia Tech
@ Pittsburgh
Miami

They avoid Clemson, UNC, State, and Duke - all projected to finish in the top six by the media preseason. They also avoid Wake (picked to finish 9th). So they play the 14, 12, 11, 10, 8, 6, 5, and 2 projected teams. The only road game against a team picked in the top half is Pittsburgh*.

And they still won’t win 6 games.

Northern Illinois
Holy Cross
@ Louisville
Virginia
@ Army
@ Georgia Tech
UConn
@ Syracuse
Virginia Tech
@ Pittsburgh
Miami

they have some hella good OOCs coming up, especially Bama and Ohio State

Yep. BC over 5.5

thumbs-up-gif-9.gif

The Eagles will win 6+ games.

I think we are saying the same thing.

Maybe. I think I'm saying that Grinch is really still riding high from the Wazoo years. That got him the tOSU job and the OU job, and the USC job is a result of him following FULR to USC. But absent the Wazoo job and maybe his first year at OU, I don't think he has had a lot of hype.

Is Alex Grinch the most overhyped coordinator currently in CFB? Herb Hand could be under consideration for the award, but I don't think anyone tosses his name around as really exceptional. Pete Golding could be up there.
Gene Chizik has entered the chizat (unless his rep is already in tatters for these purposes).

Ok, I really just wanted to do the chizat thing. Carry on.

So you can sell beer to fund a NIL to help recruit 17 year olds?

Biff's CFP Picks:

Georgia
Alabama
Clemson
Michigan

National Champion: Georgia

Thanks for that. I felt pressure to get my CFP picks in so I could make my picks for the weekend tomorrow.

it was moved to Thursday night back in May. Check the date

It's at UConn so it's not part of the ACC TV package
Speaking of ACC package, weird ass game times next Saturday for ACCN: 11:00am, 2:15, 5:15 & 8:30. With a 6:00 on ACCNX & 6:30 on CW

Back