• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see what you are saying here, and I hope it's right (Clemson really sucks, duke isn't that great and loses more too). I am allowed to bemoan the timing of these games as being a little detrimental to WFU though, because even if Clemson finishes ranked outside the top 50 duke will still claim at the end of the year "record vs top 10 teams +1 victory" or whatever.
Worry, bemoan - sure. But it's not a given. As a Wake fan who watched the last Clemson game - I would hope that the quality of that game versus the dogshit we just saw would be apparent. We went to double OT against a legit Clemson team that went undefeated in the ACC. Unreal execution on both sides. Incredible game won on the absolute margins.

Regardless of what Clemson is this year - they were garbage tonight. Yay for Duke on the win, but . But it might be more like when we finally beat FSU, went nuts, and then it turned out FSU sucked for a while and other wins were much bigger.

Still think UNC and FSU are really good. Duke plays both, we don't.

Worry, bemoan - sure. But it's not a given. As a Wake fan who watched the last Clemson game - I would hope that the quality of that game versus the dogshit we just saw would be apparent. We went to double OT against a legit Clemson team that went undefeated in the ACC. Unreal execution on both sides. Incredible game won on the absolute margins.

Regardless of what Clemson is this year - they were garbage tonight. Yay for Duke on the win, but . But it might be more like when we finally beat FSU, went nuts, and then it turned out FSU sucked for a while and other wins were much bigger.

Still think UNC and FSU are really good. Duke plays both, we don't.
Yeah but they still easily make a bowl game even losing to those teams, I am the happiest in a world where they don't even consistently do that (and Clawson probably is too).

In NO WAY am I celebrating for Duke. That being said, I am celebrating for the "little guy" in college football. Clemson was just entirely too good for schools like Wake, Duke and BC. Ready to move to the SEC and bring that swagger.

Tonight they look like total dogshit and a middling ACC team at best. That's why many of us are rejoicing. Fuck them!

It's not a celebration of Duke. It's a celebration of programs getting WAY over their skis. Not sure why this is complicated.

In NO WAY am I celebrating for Duke. That being said, I am celebrating for the "little guy" in college football. Clemson was just entirely too good for schools like Wake, Duke and BC. Ready to move to the SEC and bring that swagger.

Tonight they look like total dogshit and a middling ACC team at best. That's why many of us are rejoicing. Fuck them!

It's not a celebration of Duke. It's a celebration of programs getting WAY over their skis. Not sure why this is complicated.
Bro you can’t say you’re not celebrating for duke, then say you’re celebrating for the little guy against Clemson. Probably why it’s complicated

Maybe try this. Fuck Duke to death, I celebrate nothing, but it’s good to see Clemson get humbled.

I wasn't impressed by the play of Clemson or Duke. The fact that the Duke defense limited Clemson to 7 points is impressive, irregardless of the Clemson mistakes.

It's the first game of the season. No sense drawing conclusions about the relative strength of either team.

Wake's season will be determined by how well they play. Nothing else.

WF is not your “we.” We’re not claiming you. Go claim the fake USC with its awesome business school.
With the job my son has, I will certainly claim the awesome Darla Moore School of Business at South Carolina. Certainly worth every dollar I spent in his tuition.

Bro you can’t say you’re not celebrating for duke, then say you’re celebrating for the little guy against Clemson. Probably why it’s complicated

Maybe try this. Fuck Duke to death, I celebrate nothing, but it’s good to see Clemson get humbled.
Always glad to see Clemson get humbled!

Clawson has mentored Elko for such a long period of time (since at least 2002) so you know he is extremely happy for him. But he knows Elko is our biggest recruiting rival and he knows Elko just got a feather in his cap in year 2 that he has yet to achieve in 9yrs at Wake.

At this point it is clear Elko is a defensive mastermind and he is blossoming into a wonderful HC like Clawson. Elko learned from the best and it is wonderful for Clawson to have this type of relationship with Elko because Elko will make Clawson a better coach in the long run as well. Iron sharpens iron.

I hope Elko leaves Duke for the obvious reasons cookout laid out. I wonder if the guilt weighs on Elko to use his longtime mentor’s recruiting playbook against him but that is the reality of any business. The current Lowe’s CEO was a longtime exec at Home Depot - There are many other examples.

Now Elko seems to be mentoring Santucci as Clawson mentored him - Talk about an impressive DC debut for Santucci. Who knows, maybe Santucci can be our HC when Clawson retires.

So two of the no votes beat the shit out of SEC teams and the other one absolutely shits the bed against a fellow ACC team.

Exactly. This was a good weekend for the ACC capped off by the football equivalent of Clemson beating Duke in Cameron in the “backbreaker” game in 1995.

Rarely is Week 1 this satisfying especially coming off another tough round of conference realignment.

Why is everyone over reacting. Clawson gonna use this game to show his team you can win every stat line, but if you turn it over and special teams fail you will lose. Clemson wins this game 95 out of a 100 times if they play clean football. I’m way more worried Clawson is gonna Walkerize Desmond Clairborne than this fluke of a win for Duke.

Clemson 2nd half dives.
Blocked field goal
Fumble
Fumble
Int
TO on downs
The knives are going to be out for Dabo. Wasn’t the qb. Wasn’t the OC. It’s Dabo.

So what is the media narrative? Is the ACC “down” because Clemson lost to Duke? Or is the ACC good because FSU has claimed their rightful place?
It’s going to be hard for the lazy media to know what to say.

Cade Klubnik had a really bad debut as QB1. No long completions. One pick that was nearly a pick 6. One bad handoff fumble. And that slide short of the first down. That was a situation in which he needed to get every yard he could.

Was the passing game all dink and dunk because of Klubnik's decisions on where to throw? Or did the OC really pull in the reis that much?

Clemson defense did not look ready to play except for the third quarter when then got back to back three and outs. Without help from the offense, it looked like they lost intensity.

This kind of game got Dabo his job. Will it cost him his job?

Clawson has mentored Elko for such a long period of time (since at least 2002) so you know he is extremely happy for him. But he knows Elko is our biggest recruiting rival and he knows Elko just got a feather in his cap in year 2 that he has yet to achieve in 9yrs at Wake.

At this point it is clear Elko is a defensive mastermind and he is blossoming into a wonderful HC like Clawson. Elko learned from the best and it is wonderful for Clawson to have this type of relationship with Elko because Elko will make Clawson a better coach in the long run as well. Iron sharpens iron.

I hope Elko leaves Duke for the obvious reasons cookout laid out. I wonder if the guilt weighs on Elko to use his longtime mentor’s recruiting playbook against him but that is the reality of any business. The current Lowe’s CEO was a longtime exec at Home Depot - There are many other examples.

Now Elko seems to be mentoring Santucci as Clawson mentored him - Talk about an impressive DC debut for Santucci. Who knows, maybe Santucci can be our HC when Clawson retires.
Good post. Would feel better about the Duke win if I thought Wake was headed for a big year but doesn't feel like that's the case. Think we lose to Clemson and Duke again this season.

But in the meantime I will definitely enjoy the tears from that arrogant entitled fanbase.

I see Elko as a lifer at Duke just like Clawson. He had the resume to land an SEC or Big? In the near future. I don’t think he settled for Duke. I believe he wanted the same scenario as Clawson. High academic institution with willingness to invest with the strongest interest in the last remnants of student athleticism.

Back