• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure there are more, but that streak includes at least two OT losses to top 10 ranked teams.

2009 WF lost in OT 27-30 to #10 GT
2022 WF lost in OT 45-51 to #5 Clemson

In addition:

In 2013, WF lost 21-24 to #7 Miami
In 2011, WF lost 28-31 to #9 Clemson (if IIRC, WF dropped a pick that would have sealed the WF win late in that game)
In 2004, WF lost 17-20 to #5 FSU

Pretty sure that WF led deep into the 4th quarter in almost all, if not all of those games.

FSU has Clemson and Duke as really the only top 35 teams before they play us. They do play Duke the week before us but if they’re 6-1 they are either likely coming off three straight wins after losing to Duke or were top 3-4 and lost to Duke.

ND has a solid shot to be top 10 if they’re as good as they’re projected to be

I'm sure there are more, but that streak includes at least two OT losses to top 10 ranked teams.

2009 WF lost in OT 27-30 to #10 GT
2022 WF lost in OT 45-51 to #5 Clemson

In addition:

In 2013, WF lost 21-24 to #7 Miami
In 2011, WF lost 28-31 to #9 Clemson (if IIRC, WF dropped a pick that would have sealed the WF win late in that game)
In 2004, WF lost 17-20 to #5 FSU

Pretty sure that WF led deep into the 4th quarter in almost all, if not all of those games.
The final score looked bad, but wasn’t Louisville with Lamar Jackson top 10 in the Wakeyleaks game that we led entering the 4th?

that stat is one reason I wasn’t super jazzed about dook beating Clemson the other night to end their 30+ year drought

By three, mostly owed to a defensive meltdown. If I remember right that field goal was also last minute. 7 times out of 10 we win that game. Duke's Monday performance was on Clemson Clemsoning. Chambers High School could've beat Clemson if they played like that. They're a good squad, don't get me wrong, but better than us? I don't know
I've heard several people on the radio shows talk about how watching that game it looked liked Duke pretty much matched Clemson athlete's and honestly that's the impression I had. Yeah, Clemson did a lot to hurt themselves, but Duke did a lot to hurt them too and I never got the impression that Duke had any trouble handling Clemson's speed. I'm one of the last people who'd want to admit Duke is better then us and has more talent than us, but after week one, that's where I'm at. Hopefully, as the season goes on that changes.

That's what stings the most. We should've put that streak to bed last year against Clemson, we didn't get it done and to rub salt in it almost a year later, freaking Duke does it.

I saw some comments on Reddit bitching about the NCAA being vindictive and mad at UNC. Isn’t that basically saying they know they got away with something before

Back