• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much does NIL change that? Let me be clear, I am not making an argument excusing how much coaches and administrators make on the backs of the student athletes. SAs do receive "benefits" and now pay beyond just scholarship and medical expenses so this seems intentionally misleading. Unfortunately, it may still not be that far off.

I don't believe NIL is included - but the report is comparing football coaches' (and only football) pay to the total university outlay for ALL student-athletes across all sports. You can read the report here

The CLA financial analysis provides a more detailed look at institutions currently in Autonomy 5 conferences (ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, PAC-12, and SEC) because these conferences have “autonomy” granted in NCAA bylaws to set their own spending policies in a number of areas, separate from other FBS and Division I schools. The institutions in these conferences also receive the vast majority (80 percent) of the CFP revenue distribution under an existing revenue distribution agreement.

Key findings from CLA’s projections include the identification of a “crossover point,” which CLA defines as the point where compensation for 11 “countable” football coaches per school will exceed the total “athlete scholarships and medical expenses” for ALL college athletes across ALL sports at that school. The amounts totaled in the calculation for “athlete scholarships and medical expenses” are comprehensive, and include tuition, fees, housing, food, books, cost of attendance stipends, medical expenses, and insurance coverage.

What's a Tier 1 condo at Myrtle Beach? Seriously I am curious as to what that is. Is that some sort of investment property? Enlighten a man who can't scrounge up $500

SEC has a rough weekend, and coincidentally, Biff is keeping a low profile....

soft-kobe-bryant.gif

Mind blowing. Wonder if the coaches bucket is only active coaches or includes all the buyouts schools are paying for coaches to sit on the beach.

There’s got to be a business model coming where a school picks a low profile inexpensive coach and in lieu of athletic department asking for donations, surplus booster money goes to NIL. Will be an interesting experiment to watch.

Last edited:
What's a Tier 1 condo at Myrtle Beach? Seriously I am curious as to what that is. Is that some sort of investment property? Enlighten a man who can't scrounge up $500

It's all good, brother. DonaldRoss posts about his condos and his "vast wealth" on here. Just a board joke referring to his Myrtle Beach condos he apparently owns.

North Beach tower, units 1601, 1501 and 1401. About $1.5 million each.

It's all good, brother. DonaldRoss posts about his condos and his "vast wealth" on here. Just a board joke referring to his Myrtle Beach condos he apparently owns.
I’m not sure, but I think he has bought several foreclosures in south myrtle and is a slum lord.

Our defense sucked, Hemphill was probably gone, and he bolted when his old mentor offered him a job.
So what you are saying is that we said he sucked and didn’t want him because he couldn’t coach defense?😂. Now he & his minions just held Clem’s Son to 7 points. Think I got it.

that's not how that works. . . . if you credit Clemson for scoring on their various drives, it does not mean that Duke puts up the same amount of points. . . each score changes the dynamic of the game and the play calling for the other team.

I get what you are saying, and Duke had a certain amount of points at game's end, but if Clemson scores multiple times throughout the game, the game does change.
Not to mention Duke had turnovers. Clemson wasn’t moving the ball at all and got the benefit of a short field (Duke 18) off a Duke fumbled punt. Turned 0-6 into 7-6 lead.
Duke fumbled again right before the half so instead of getting a FG for a 9-7 lead, went into half trailing. Old Duke teams would have folded.

Hemphill was definitely on about as thin ice as he could be which is certainly why he moved on. Hell SI reported he got fired even though the story Wake/Duke put out was that he was transitioning over.

ETA: That Santucci, who is both younger and has less experience than Hemphill, was pitched as the DC play caller by the broadcast (even though both nominally co-DC per Duke) is pretty telling in and of itself IMO.

As an aside, I think it would be very good for Clawson to have both Santucci and Hemphill be successful enough that they're hired to be a head coach. Would mean all three came out of the Clawson tree (Santucci maybe less so since he was only here a year before being in the Elko side of things but still)

clawson effectively admitted he fired hemphill at a deacon club event. can’t remember the exact words he used, it i believe it was something like “i decided we needed make a change.”

Last edited:
clawson effectively said he fired hemphill at a deacon club event. can’t remember the exact words he used, it i believe it was something like “i decided we needed make a change.”

Correct. Before some stop slobbering over Hemphill's nuts, let's recall that his boss was the DC at two of the largest programs in college football prior. So, I think there might be a little mentorship happening at Duke. Just a wild-ass guess.

Hemphill was definitely on about as thin ice as he could be which is certainly why he moved on. Hell SI reported he got fired even though the story Wake/Duke put out was that he was transitioning over.

ETA: That Santucci, who is both younger and has less experience than Hemphill, was pitched as the DC play caller by the broadcast (even though both nominally co-DC per Duke) is pretty telling in and of itself IMO.
They're not "both nominally co-DC" per Duke. Santucci is the DC per Duke. Hemphill is the co-DC per Duke.

Good call. I kind of assumed you couldn't have a co-DC and then just a DC but I'm guessing the "co-DC" comes with an additional bump in pay.

Santucci was co-DC under Elko at A&M.

Ooohhh. Well he’s my hero and I continue to long for his life.

So what you are saying is that we said he sucked and didn’t want him because he couldn’t coach defense?😂. Now he & his minions just held Clem’s Son to 7 points. Think I got it.
I’m sure he is a smart guy and good coach. But it wasn’t working at WF. Fans and boosters wanted a change. When Elko got the Duke job, it was a good move for both schools for him to be hired at Duke.

Back