• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

was Chuck Wade the guy with a handshake for everyone
No. That was Cortez Lewis. Interestingly John Collins does that as well. They were both at Wake at the same time.
Didn't he play both WR and DB during his time as a player?
Yes.

Crazy to think both of those guys were starting WRs at some point. No offense to them, but the position has improved tremendously since.

was Chuck Wade the guy with a handshake for everyone
I legit had the same thought then went down a rabbit hole to find out it was Cortez Lewis then watched the whole three minute video of him doing elaborate handshakes with every single person on campus ending with none other than Kevin Higgins 😅

I legit had the same thought then went down a rabbit hole to find out it was Cortez Lewis then watched the whole three minute video of him doing elaborate handshakes with every single person on campus ending with none other than Kevin Higgins 😅
Wasn’t he on Sportscenter or something?

No. That was Cortez Lewis. Interestingly John Collins does that as well. They were both at Wake at the same time.

Yes.

Crazy to think both of those guys were starting WRs at some point. No offense to them, but the position has improved tremendously since.

Even crazier is that when Lewis, Wade and Tabari Hines were our starting receivers as freshmen, I thought they were all studs. And all of them were eventually supplanted as starters by better players. That's something that hasn't really happened much for us lately -- off the top of my head, can't think of many starters who got overtaken. Newman over Hartman is the only one that comes to mind (you could argue Walker should have been starting and got the most carries his soph year).

Even crazier is that when Lewis, Wade and Tabari Hines were our starting receivers as freshmen, I thought they were all studs. And all of them were eventually supplanted as starters by better players. That's something that hasn't really happened much for us lately -- off the top of my head, can't think of many starters who got overtaken. Newman over Hartman is the only one that comes to mind (you could argue Walker should have been starting and got the most carries his soph year).
I definitely agree I was thrilled with how good those guys were. Then our receiving core just kept ascending into the stratosphere.

Nice time for a reminder that Perry, Whiteheart, and Kobie Turner will be playing in the Shrine Bowl tonight at 8:30 on NFLN.

Nice time for a reminder that Perry, Whiteheart, and Kobie Turner will be playing in the Shrine Bowl tonight at 8:30 on NFLN.

I'll take "name a more random night for a football game" for $500 Alex.

I'll take "name a more random night for a football game" for $500 Alex.

Thursday? The only day college and NFL teams play at the same time is reasonable for a college all-star game.

Back