• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

Decals from other teams. That's a longstanding tradition in these games.

I like that AT wore the matte helment with the white jersey/pants. Looks good and it's easier to find him on the field.
Lots of other choices he could have made that would cause less angst. Like almost any other.

Maybe it's just the optimist in me, but I think we can still be a pretty solid team next year.

Need to get the OL figured out a bit, but the defense is in their second year with Lambert, and we return a ton of firepower at skill positions on offense.

Mitch is obviously the big question mark. There will be growing pains I'm sure, but I like what he brings to the table, and the staff feels strongly enough in what we've got with him that there wasn't even (to my knowledge) discussion of getting somebody in the portal instead.

Oline unknowns and defensive departures are too much for me to be optimistic. Mitch will be fine, I think. I would take 6-6 right now in a second.

Oline unknowns and defensive departures are too much for me to be optimistic. Mitch will be fine, I think. I would take 6-6 right now in a second.
6-6 would be a good year given the current roster questions.

If our defense doesn't get any better we'll have an eternal 8-win ceiling, barring the arrival of another super system QB.

Jurgens returning for another season at center will help the O-line. A lot. He will set blocking protection scheme. He has a lot of experience doing that. 47 games and counting.

The rising rSoph class has some guys who have shown competence when given snaps. Particularly the guards. Biggest question is left tackle. Who replaces Nash?

Maybe Jurgens is your LT? Massively oversimplifying, but he's roughly the same height and weight as Zach Tom.

I think the O/U will be either 5.5 or 6.5. 6-6 as a prediction seems fairly on.

J
Maybe Jurgens is your LT? Massively oversimplifying, but he's roughly the same height and weight as Zach Tom.
Jurgens doesn't have the history at LT that Tom did coming into Wake. Tom played LT in HS. Zach Tom is very unusual, being able to play both inside and outside on the O-line. Guys are usually T or C/G.

It will either be Spencer Clapp in his 77th year or one of the rSophs. There is a small possibility Gordon switches sides and the RT spot is filled by one of the rSophs.
Tabacca will earn his paychecks this spring figuring the line out.

Quick google search says Jurgens also played tackle in HS (along with center). He was listed as an OT recruit on 247 and Rivals, as well.

If our defense doesn't get any better we'll have an eternal 8-win ceiling, barring the arrival of another super system QB.

With a solid defense, the last two seasons could have been even MORE special. Certainly the Clemson and UNC games come to mind this past season.

With a solid defense, the last two seasons could have been even MORE special. Certainly the Clemson and UNC games come to mind this past season.
Lambert has his work cut out for him. Biggest need on team is literally that. New biggest guys for the D-line. Well, I'd settle for second biggest after Nick Sharpe

Back