• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2023 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Football Thread

I mean in the past 9 years Clawson has probably run less than 10 trick plays, and I don’t think any of them worked. I’m cool with just accepting that he isn’t a believer in spending the necessary time to install those types of plays.

Although I agree with everyone that Hinton throwing the ball as some sort of trick plays seems obvious and would have been cool to see.

Slow mesh is a trick play and we run it 65 times a game.

The Athletic has Caelen Carson at #44 in his Top 50 NFL Draft 2024 Big Board...

Top 50

A feisty and fiery defender on the outside, Carson seems to live for getting up into the space of his opponents — both when closing on routes and stepping up as a run defender. He has 78 tackles and 18 passes defended (with three INTs) over three Wake Forest seasons, which are solid numbers. But they also point to an area of concern: Those totals aren’t higher because Carson has struggled to stay on the field.
He missed a handful of games last season due to a hamstring injury and saw action in just nine games during the 2021 season. For as aggressively as he plays, NFL teams will need to see that he can maintain that style over a full schedule.

I’ve lived longer than I deserve. But I lived to see the day my Alma Mater sold out a game to Elon College ( U) . I know there are some here who can grasp the enormity of the moment. It truly is quite something.
I bet I could still scalp a ticket for $20 ... If there was such a thing as a printed ticket? I hope Wes Durham calls the game and calls out his alma mater, unlike what Billy Packer did countless times behind the mike.

Hope Carson stays healthy. Think Mustapha has an NFL future too. A secondary with two NFL players should be much better than they played last season (realize injuries were a factor).
This is our problem every year. We have NFL prospects on Defense. Arguably just as many in the nfl than on offense. But we can’t put together a good defense.

This is our problem every year. We have NFL prospects on Defense. Arguably just as many in the nfl than on offense. But we can’t put together a good defense.
NFL level guys at a few positions, unfortunately, cannot make up for the positions where injuries necessitate guys not ready for the ACC have to play.

I know its behind the paywall on DDD, but does anyone have any other insight on the Depth Chart, especially on the DEF side of the ball? thanks

Interesting points listening to the Clawson Show.....

1. Spent all preseason working on tackling and tackling hard

2. Mitch Griffith reminds Clawson of Wolford. We will see the QB sneak a lot this year.

Getting so pumped for this season!

These FCS games are detrimental to Wake. Drops attendance, lowers strength of schedule, and going forward will hurt us qualifying for one of the twelve playoff slots. I thought Clawson/Currie were trying to change the perception of ‘’little old Wake Forest.”
Yes, I know other conferences do this bullshit but this hurts our program more than others.

Explain why it hurts WF more than 26 other ACC and SEC schools that play one FCS opponent.

Back