• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse thread

Indiana is looking good. I’m on the road now to meet several friends from law school back in the last century.

I remember the one in 2017. I drove quite a bit out of my way to see it. Not sure I'd be impressed but I want to tell you it was truly outstanding.
Great experience. Kind of jealous of those who will have the experience of seeing this one. Enjoy.

Had planned to stay an hour or so out of the totality zone tonight and then drive in for tomorrow a.m. and take my chances on traffic and parking, but found a hotel in French Lick which is right in he path so we're set. Larry Legend's hometown has a good selection of bars & restaurants plus what looks like dozens of food trucks, concession tents and street vendors at the ready, so tomorrow should be fun.

I experienced almost ten hours of darkness last night.

I’m in the Rochester, NY area on a work trip. I hope the clouds stay away this afternoon.

We had a decent partial eclipse at Wake in the '70's. The couple of ThetaTau folks on this board can correct me if wrong.

I believe it was the Pikas, with their few remaining brothers, who built a small bonfire on the crosswalk in the middle of the quad and danced around it in their ritual robes. I thought that was pretty damn cool.

Today is the only time the words "I wish I was in Cleveland" should ever be uttered.

There was a near-total solar eclipse in W-S while I was at Wake (3/7/70). The 7th was a Saturday and my fratty club (LXA) was hosting a Conclave of nearby LXA chapters that weekend. It was lots of fun, but the PIKA's stole the show by donning their mystic robes and dancing around a bonfire on the Quad.

We had a decent partial eclipse at Wake in the '70's. The couple of ThetaTau folks on this board can correct me if wrong.

I believe it was the Pikas, with their few remaining brothers, who built a small bonfire on the crosswalk in the middle of the quad and danced around it in their ritual robes. I thought that was pretty damn cool.
it's been covered

Yep. Definitely my bad. '71 must have kept a journal. Impressive.

Last edited:
Where is everyone getting glasses from?
Amazon, but I did some off amazon "research" on the company and they are endorsed by NASA, so that's good. I tested them on my self with just one eye before giving them to the kids.

Back