• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse thread

Amazon, but I did some off amazon "research" on the company and they are endorsed by NASA, so that's good. I tested them on my self with just one eye before giving them to the kids.
how does one do this test

I was probably pretty stupid. Closed one eye and looked at the sun with the other. But this guy has a good video.

Cliff notes: make sure they have "ISO 12312-2 compliant" statement on the glasses, and see if the manufacturer is listed on the AAS website: https://eclipse.aas.org/eye-safety/viewers-filters

on the list! too bad the clouds have rolled in. wasn't too bad this morning but not a lot of blue sky right now. peak is at 3:09 here so a little bit of time.

8b5dc8a916f22b8eab62a67002e6c12f.jpg

Well I can see it with my glasses what are you using to get pics

I’m sure not the only one, but Three Taverns brewery in Atlanta did eclipse glasses with beer purchase. Pretty damn good crowd for a Monday at 3pm.

Two minutes before totality, a big ass cloud moved in and stayed the entire time. But it thinned enough for about 10-20 seconds for me to appreciate the view and snap a few pics. Kinda cool how it gets dark and I could see stars. Well, one star because I'm in the city. The kids at the nearby elementary school were all outside watching it and freaking out. That was probably the most memorable part-- kid screams.

Back