• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Selection Day thread: ACC gets two teams in the BCS. Wake to Nashville.

If we made Nashville, who would our opponent be? Isn't there a chance it's Vandy?

Would Boise State, who is ranked higher in the BCS, not get an at-large bid over K-State? Or Arkansas?

Would Boise State, who is ranked higher in the BCS, not get an at-large bid over K-State? Or Arkansas?

All about travelling...Arkansas can't get it (no 3 teams from the same conference). It's between Boise/KSU/VPI and who would bring more fans.

ACC Bowls would be:

Orange - Clemson
Sugar - VT
Chick-Fil-A - FSU
Champs - GT(UVA?)
Sun - UVA(GT?)
Belk - NC State
Music City - Wake Forest
Independence - UNC (LOL)

ACC Bowls would be:

Orange - Clemson
Sugar - VT
Chick-Fil-A - FSU
Champs - GT(UVA?)
Sun - UVA(GT?)
Belk - NC State
Music City - Wake Forest
Independence - UNC (LOL)

Sun will take GT...is there any chance at all that we get the Champs Bowl over UVA?

ACC Bowls would be:

Orange - Clemson
Sugar - VT
Chick-Fil-A - FSU
Champs - GT(UVA?)
Sun - UVA(GT?)
Belk - NC State
Music City - Wake Forest
Independence - UNC (LOL)

Seriously, that would be awesome. Might be able to make the trip to Nashville!

Sun will take GT...is there any chance at all that we get the Champs Bowl over UVA?

None. Would be a rematch with ND. Sun picks after Champs so they only get GT if Champs passes.

None. Would be a rematch with ND. Sun picks after Champs so they only get GT if Champs passes.

Forgot that ND was likely headed there.

VPI plays Kansas State in b-ball today...winner gets the BCS bid.

I still don't see how VTech gets this at-large bid...

Sugar would be choosing from VT, Boise and K-State and they think VT will get them better ratings and ticket sales. Not really that out there.

Not sure either. But, I will be thrilled if true. Besides being extremely beneficial to us, it looks really good for the ACC to have 2 BCS schools. I thought this may happen if VPI lost a close game to Clemson, but thought the chances were slim after the butt-kicking they took last night.

It's whoever the BCS bowl wants to take. Michigan will get the first of two at-large bids, and then it is b/t VPI, Boise and Kansas State...the last pick (Sugar I think) would take whoever they think will travel better.

Jerry Palm now citing a source who says the rematch is official.

Sugar would be choosing from VT, Boise and K-State and they think VT will get them better ratings and ticket sales. Not really that out there.

Makes sense. And they will reason that they didn't want to "punish" VPI for losing their conference championship game.

Back