• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Chicago Bears Thread

DaDeacs

Dickie Hemric
Reaction score
Let the deluge begin. Assuming I may be talking to myself on this thread though.

Looks like we are going after a receiver of some calibur and are $22 million under the cap. Would assume that we mean to lock down Kreutz, Pisa and Manning (assuming he isn't too much). That could leave us with some solid cap room to go after another O-Line piece, WR or CB.

Would love to see us get into the Nnamdi sweepstakes, but using the cover 2, Nnamdi is way overrated. The guys I would like us to bring in are Cullen Jenkins and Braylon Edwards, both would be huge upgrades.

Fuck the Packers.

I'm not sure I'd be excited about either of those guys but they would still be better than what we have. Olsen is the only receiving target over 6 feet. Overall though you've hit on the weak areas. I think O-line help is the most important. The Bears should still strive to be a team built on running and defense.

Very true - but it's not sure there are any super exciting guys out there. We know we need to shore up our defense. Idonije is pretty good, but think about having a beast across from him and Jenkins can slide back and forth from DE to DT because he has been a 3-4 end for a couple of years now.

In terms of WR, would love to see Sidney Rice, but don't think we can afford him. Of all the other WR out there, I think Edwards is the best, good hands, solid resume, can run routes, isn't afraid to go over the middle.

I'm expecting something similar year as last year, 10-6ish, given a win on either side, with a shot at winning the division, but most likely a wild card.

O-line! O-line! O-line! O-line . . . A quality offensive line helps the offense immeasureably (obviously), and also keeps the defense fresher. Can't say it enough. Need to get better on the O-line.

need a punter now too...what available OTs are out there?

At punter, we signed that dude to a futures contract who did the fake punt and ran it 40 some odd yards for a touchdown a couple of years ago.

At tackle, there are some pretty good players. Free from Dallas, not sure he goes anywhere, Harris from the Broncos, Light (patriots), Brown (redskins) and Gaither (ravens). And of course, the best option (who may not be let go by Hotlanta), Tyson Clabo is a free agent this year....considering the Bears are losing are only deacon, we might as well pick up another one.

Word is we are not going to retain Danieal Manning and moving Harris to SS and putting Wright at FS. Means Hester probably returns all kicks, which is definitely positive.

Also word out that we are going after Jason Babin - not so sure he is such a great player, I mean he has had a couple of good years in Nashville, but he was a bust in Texas before that.

BOOM - we signed the South Carolina Kicker/Punter as a rookie free agent. Done.

Nope, that was probably the worst signing in the past 10 years by the Bears. Outside of Chad Hutchinson, of course. And Jeff George, too. Kordell Stewart would have to be in the mix, too. And Orlando Pace, forgot about him. Oh yeah, Adam Archuleta might come up.

I hope this thread can renew my spirituality about Chicago. After the NFC Championship last season, the subsequent games in the NFL, and the cancellation of the HOF game, I'm really back to being one step above "don't give a shit" about the Bears.

Nope, that was probably the worst signing in the past 10 years by the Bears. Outside of Chad Hutchinson, of course. And Jeff George, too. Kordell Stewart would have to be in the mix, too. And Orlando Pace, forgot about him. Oh yeah, Adam Archuleta might come up.

at least they locked up Tommie Harris for his peak years, and wisely traded Chris Harris.

Rumors abound to us signing a Marshall Yanda from Baltimore. He's a big guard who has been starting for awhile for the Ravens. Assuming this is true, guess that means no more Chris Williams. Another swing and a miss by Angelo in the 1st round - he's been pretty bad about those, here are his 1st rounders - Chris Williams, David Terrell, Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson, Marc Columbo, Greg Olsen, Michael Haynes and Tommie Harris.

Not sure what that says about Gabe, and Angelo has been able to find some solid later round talent, but those are some huge misses on 1st rounders. Over 10 years, 2 are out of football and only 2 still play for the team and there have only been two pro bowls by the whole group (both coming from Harris).

Roy Williams just cut by the Cowboys. Heard somewhere that he could be option for us if his salary falls. For one, I don't want him - he has worse hands than Featherstone and a big mouth. All the talent in the world, though.

at least they locked up Tommie Harris for his peak years, and wisely traded Chris Harris.

In hindsight, those look terrible. But, I am not really mad about it because it was more unlucky. Harris was coming off back-to-back awesome years and at 25/26 seemed to have a lot left in the tank - injury bug caught up with him and he never had the same wheels again. Harris was just OK with us, and we needed to get Manning in the game, who is just as good as Harris. Could we have used him the next couple of years? Sure, but we have always had pretty good strong safeties, its our free safeties that suck.

Scratch my 1st comment about bringing back Pisa, looks like it is Nick Roach they want. They are pretty interchangeable, I would not be mad if we had either one. I think Pisa is the better player, but not by a ton.

Also, a quick moment of silence for what was Jay Cutler/Kristen Cavallari - they seemed so right for each other too...

Also, a quick moment of silence for what was Jay Cutler/Kristen Cavallari - they seemed so right for each other too...

I was shocked to hear this - to believe that Jay Cutler would start something and not see it to its completion is just ... so difficult to believe.

Back