• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Chicago Bears Thread

Looks like we may be facing McNabb twice next year instead of Ponder...

Edited to add: and no Santana Moss, even though Hester had been lobbying for him, seems like he is staying in Washington. Good luck to him and RexJohn GrossBeckman

Scratch the Yanda thing - he quickly signed back with the Ravens. Soooooo, who we gonna get on the o-line?

Crap...

MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Word is that veteran Olin Kreutz (Bears) is on 49ers' radar after they lost center David Baas.

That would suck if we lose Kreutz - not that he is all-world anymore, but he is a strong veteran presence and would just be another hole we would have to fill

Reports are Sidney rice to either the Hawks or staying with the Vikes.

Can someone explain to me why the Bears want Brad Smith? I really don't care for the wildcat - I know he has a decent arm for trick plays, be he is at best an OK slot receiver. We have 3 of those already - we need a tall, fast deep threat. Still not sure why MSW is not on our short list.

The Bears OL is thin as it is - losing Kreutz would not help things.

Reports are Sidney rice to either the Hawks or staying with the Vikes.

Can someone explain to me why the Bears want Brad Smith? I really don't care for the wildcat - I know he has a decent arm for trick plays, be he is at best an OK slot receiver. We have 3 of those already - we need a tall, fast deep threat. Still not sure why MSW is not on our short list.

New rule allows 3 active QBs on game day...BSmith would take 3rd QB spot and basically get us an extra roster spot on game day....decent slot guy ith sie too....6-2. 216

I hope this thread can renew my spirituality about Chicago.

Still not doing much. Bears = bridesmaids. We make it to the SB but have Fux Grossman as QB. Last year, we get to the NFC title game... aw fuck it. I can't even finish the damn sentence.

The highest-rated Super Bowl and I shit you not- I was so fucking depressed at the way the Steelers played that after the 1st quarter I called my daughters into the room and we watch the goddamned Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

Then Lovie gets a contract extension. Sorry but I just can't take any more Lovie.

Now we're in free agency and I just have deep worries about the Bears ability, as reflected in this thread, to address the needs rather than the "gets."

Seems like the Bears are going anti-2010. They want to wait out the initial push, see whats left, and take the best talent and the best price. Not sure that's the best strategy in a normal year, but there are a lot of really good players still out there, especially on the o & d line. I'm not jumping out of my seat yet, but if the bears have made no moves in 48 hours and we lose Kreutz, I might start throwing things.

First free agent signing for the Bears is....

Adam Podlesh

Wasn't sure who that was, looked him up - apparently this is our new punter. Yay?

Quick follow up, Jason Babin not coming here, just announced deal with the Iggles.

Not sure thats necessarily a bad thing, he has only had one really good year with a bunch of bad ones.

Not to pile on, but looks like they are actively looking to move Greg Olsen.

Some people may be fine with this since he doesn't fit well in Martz' scheme - but I point the NFC Conference game last year versus the seahwaks last year - dude has major talent and should be used, he can beat LBs & safeties deep and has great hands.

2 signings in one day - heating up. 2nd signing is:

Matt Spaeth

Hmm, so we have two blocking tight ends who don't really have good hands, one receiving tight end who is an ok blocker - and we go get another blocking tight end? Assuming this is because we are shopping Olsen, unless Martz really doesn't like Kellen Davis for some reason.

I have heard that the Bears are waiting until Friday to start signing people so they can negotiate with the people getting cut (can't talk to them until 4.01 PM on Friday)

Scratch that, looks like the Spaeth move was intended to take Brandon Manumaleua's place. Manu to be released...

What have you heard about Desmond? He's a UFA and I know he was a fish out of water the few times he was in last season. It's hard to look at the Bears roster and not see any WF players for the first time in a long time.

What have you heard about Desmond? He's a UFA and I know he was a fish out of water the few times he was in last season. It's hard to look at the Bears roster and not see any WF players for the first time in a long time.

He just tweeted that he may come back if Olsen is traded, otherwise it would appear that they are going with Olsen, Spaeth & Davis. Here's to hoping they carry 4 - of the 4, he has the second best hands behind Olsen and he is probably the 2nd best blocker behind spaeth.

Offical - Olsen to the Panthers, apparently we are getting a draft pick and a player - not sure on either one.

Good news? Maybe Des is coming back

Bad news? Damn, we suck.

A 3rd round pick????? That's all we got for Olsen? I don't get how a 3rd round pick next year makes us fucking better now. So, we are better off losing Cutler's best friend and best target for Matt fucking Spaeth and some no name that Angelo will probably blow anyway?

Sorry 94.

Good news, our savior is coming.... looking like we are going after Roy Williams, the receiver...

Not that we even went after him, but Clabo stayed with the Falcons for a buttload of money

Back