• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Chicago Bears Thread

Thanks for Olsen. Loved him with the Bears.

Good luck. I've got family in Chicago and my best friend is Bears fan.

Yes thank you for Olsen. I'm going to have to pick him up in my fantasy draft this year. Him and Shockey should make the Panthers O a lot more deadly this year.

As a non-Bear fan, I cannot for the life of me understand the move. Wasn't he Cutler's favorite target and safety net?

Official - Roy Williams signs with the Bears. Ugh, he is a headcase with tons of potential and rocks for hands. Maybe he will realize he needs to shape up if he wants to keep playing as #1/#2 WR.

Non-bears related, but Tampa is throwing money away because of the new cap floor, just gave a punter a 6 year, $20 million deal with $6.5 mil guaranteed.....for a punter.

Also, in true Bears fashion, apparently the Roy Williams deal may not be official - Roy said he hasn't heard of anything and the Bears have reached out the agent for Mike Sims-Walker... maybe looking for a steal? They are both the same receiver, tall, have tendency to drop passes, have big mouths - Roy has more talent, though...

Olsen out; Roy Williams in.

McCaskey Proud my ass. They are doing to Chicago what Rankin Smith's family did to the Falcons.

Meanwhile, the Mike Krzyzewski of the NFL (Bill Belechick) will probably turn Haynesworth and Ochostinko into goddamned All-Pros with career seasons. Watch him sign Burress too.

Being a Wake fan is great practice for being a Bears fan. We live off the Orange Bowl- 86 Super Bowl. Couple of ACC Titles in the mid-90s- couple of NFC titles the last few years. Promising players that never seem to pan out: until, of course, they leave for another team.

Last edited:
Roy Williams did have his best seasons with Mike Martz calling the plays in Detroit - he caught 82 for 1310 yards and 7TDs in 2006 and had 64 catches for 838 yards and 5 TDs in 12 games in 2007. Reuniting them might not be the worst thing.

Still don't understand the Olson trade, though.

Danieal Manning signs with Texans. Will miss him on special teams, not necessarily so much in the FS role.

Sweet, we got out Cowboys receiver, I am cautiously optimistic about having Roy.... wait, what? Who the hell is Sam Hurd? We signed Sam Hurd? WTF........

Apparently my post was a little excessive, appears Hurd was to fill Rashied Davis' position - I'm ok with that.

Roy is officially official in the fold.

Roy Williams did have his best seasons with Mike Martz calling the plays in Detroit - he caught 82 for 1310 yards and 7TDs in 2006 and had 64 catches for 838 yards and 5 TDs in 12 games in 2007. Reuniting them might not be the worst thing.

Still don't understand the Olson trade, though.

It's not Williams game I'm concerned with though he's been an underperformer compared to his talent. It's his mentality that I'm concerned about. And Chicago's management is not known for being able to keep a reign on Knuckleheads.

It's not Williams game I'm concerned with though he's been an underperformer compared to his talent. It's his mentality that I'm concerned about. And Chicago's management is not known for being able to keep a reign on Knuckleheads.

Chicago's management isn't know for doing much of anything.

Chicago's management isn't know for doing much of anything.

Hey! We traded the farm for Cutler a couple of years ago!!!

Joking aside, Peppers was a good get, thats been about it for us. Angelo does a great job drafting AFTER the 4th round. Can assume Carimi, Paea & Conte are busts - but JT THOMAS IS THE REAL DEAL, HE WENT TO SOME GIRLS 8TH GRADE DANCE FOR GODS SAKE.

Bears resign Anthony Adams to shore up our D-line - solid move, Adams looked great last year - good clubhouse guy too.

Not sure this is newsworthy, but Caleb Hanie signs his RFA tender to compete with Enderle for the #2 gig.

Also, lots of media-types getting concerned that the Bears aren't going to keep Kreutz - they offered, but he is getting other offers. This would suck if we lose him, there isn't much in the way of interior O-line help on the market right now...

We have officially found our difference maker. After a couple of rough days and weird signings and trades, the bears have settled on talent. Former 1st round pick, went #6 over all. Athletic freak, rocked the combine like a super star, was an all american with a top team in the nation. Hasn't seen the massive success in the NFL like projected, but I am assuming that is just because he hasn't been working with a strong defensive coach and hasn't had great defenders around him.

It's not official, so let's all just keep our fingers crossed that he makes it here and welcome, as the newest Bear, Vernon Gholston!

Fuck me...

Didn't think it could get worse? Bears officially not going to resign Kreutz - offered him an ultimatum if 1 year $4 million, he said no, he's not gonna be a bear.

Continuing on our desire to be the patriots-lite, we have signed another first round bust in Amobi Okoye, the DT from Louisville who graduated when he was 19 and has been a pretty big bust with the Texans - I guess we'll see if Marinelli can work his magic, who knows.

you guys are really stocking up on the defensive draft busts, huh

Just to make it on both sides of th ball, the bears have officially signed Marion Barber - starting to feel like a 6 year old playing madden.

Also bears an kreutz are separated by $500k - why can't they just pay the man and get this crap over with?

Kreutz is done - they signed the center from Seattle to take his place, Chris Spencer. Don't know anything about him, he has started a lot of games, is only 29. BUT, the Seahawks have had an atrocious rushing offense since their super bowl season - Spencer's rookie season, where he played in 7 games with no starts.

Back