• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Deacs - High Point game thread

There's another thread where this was discussed, but apparently there are no tickets available. Their gym seats 1750 and the school reserved nearly all of them for students.

Basically, this game will be played in a YMCA, if that YMCA could be packed with 1200 screaming 18 year olds.

I looked today and found no tickets.

Even though HP is not good I'm psyched about this game- given the atmosphere it will be a good test for our guys. I think Wake takes a big early lead and quickly gets the crowd out of the game.

wow.. did anyone just see that 8 second segment of the HPU students actin the fool?

wow.. did anyone just see that 8 second segment of the HPU students actin the fool?

:werd:

HPU grad Tubby Smith was interviewed and he noted that his Sr. year he was coached by Wake Alum Jerry Steele. Jerry had good success coaching at Guilford in the late '60s, then rejoined Bones as his assistant with the Carolina Cougars. Bones hung it up midway the second season so Steele was given the reins. Really was overmatched for the job so took the High Point gig.

I met Coach Steele once. By then he'd gained a fair amount of weight and had a health issue of some sort. To this day, I'm still trying to figure out the message he was trying to tell me.

Anyway, Go Deacs!

I believe Tubby was set to to play at Maryland and then Lefty was hired and rescinded the scholarship offer. So he had to scramble at the last minute to find a school to play for.

Back