• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Diamond Deacs Thread: Wake sweeps Clemson; ACCT starts Wednesday

yeah, we were pretty dominant at baseball in Greer's last few years after Moranda left. No clue why Wellman made a change.

Were there any changes to the policy of JC credits transferring? Did we lose any players to the major league draft?

Does anyone know why Virginia played a conference opponent (Boston College) in their first game of the season yesterday? Does that count towards conference records?

This is bizarre to me. I know it's a tournament, but I've never seen that before.

Are we predicted to make the ACC tourney this season?

The key is you need to improve as the season progresses. But hopefully we go at least 15-15 like last year and win most of the mid-week games. If we get to around 35 wins, we should make the NCAA tourney

Wake Forest Baseball
Deacs get two so far with one out in the 5th. RBI single by Blair and an RBI double by Keniry. Trail 10-9

High scoring game today

8 BB and 1 HBP given up in 4 innings. Thats 2.25 free base runners an inning.

Guess after our 3 starters ....we don't have a starter....

Does anyone know why Virginia played a conference opponent (Boston College) in their first game of the season yesterday? Does that count towards conference records?

This is bizarre to me. I know it's a tournament, but I've never seen that before.

Doesn't count to conference records - it's treated as an OOC game. The only games that count to the conference schedule are the 30 Fri-Sun weekend matchups.

A few years ago, Virginia Tech had a midweek game against BC - was treated as simply an OOC game.

yeah, we were pretty dominant at baseball in Greer's last few years after Moranda left. No clue why Wellman made a change.

Same reason as why he got rid of GDO probably. Tired of winning ?

Reff, if your son does something you do not approve of do you remind him every single day for the rest of your/his life?

Moranda's last season at Wake was 2001.

2001: 44-18 (16-8) ACC Champs
2002: 47-13 (17-6) NCAA regional
2003: 29-24 (8-15)
2004: 17-33 (4-20)

Looks like we had one more good year with the talent Moranda stockpiled in the program and then fell off the cliff.

One of the more amazing stats I've ever seen in baseball was from our team a few years ago. Going into the Georgia Tech series at home, which I think was not even midway through the conference season yet, the Deacs had been picked off 14 times. That was amazing to me. I wonder how many we ended up with...

Back