• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Diamond Deacs Thread: Wake sweeps Clemson; ACCT starts Wednesday

We have three solid starters with Cooney, Van Grouw, and Holmes. Wilson slated to get the start on Tuesday so it'll be good to see the freshman pitch coming off his injury.

I think Wake will make a push for the tourney. We need to get to 35 wins I think so we need to keep winning non-con games.

4-4

Upcoming games:

Tuesday v. Asheville
Friday/Sat/Sun: 4 games against Marshall/Eastern Michigan (two games a piece)

Going against Asheville right now...just about to get started. Chris Willson with the start, if he can pitch well this year our rotation is stout.

Tied at 8 in the bottom of the 4th. I do wish that 25% of college games weren't just ridiculous batting battles though.

Two outs and bases empty.

Walk/Walk/HBP

bingo, 5 run inning.

Deacs win 9-8. Pitching after 5 run blowup was really solid.

Solid win for the Deacs to get back to 5-4 and above .500 on the year. We have a double round-robin at home this weekend with Marshall and Eastern Michigan.

Deacs down 6-0 to Eastern in the top of the 4th. Van Grouw with the start and gave up 5 runs in the first, not a good outing

There we go Deacs! Hopefully we bring on Dimock for the save and can get out of dodge with a big win. This is good for confidence, but also huge because non-con losses have haunted us in year's prior.

8th inning was a great example of the value of players that can put the ball in play-huge hits by Rhine, Shambley, Carey. We need to see more of these guys and not so many K's

Lots of Marshall fans here. Time to show up, Deacon Fans. Beautiful day.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330807110.583027.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330807110.583027.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 0
Back