• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Diamond Deacs Thread: Wake sweeps Clemson; ACCT starts Wednesday

Up 5-1...Cooney is going to have a great year IMO. He has the speed and location to make it to the majors and will be on target all year. I'm very very optimistic about the team's chances to make the tourney this year.

Up 5-1...Cooney is going to have a great year IMO. He has the speed and location to make it to the majors and will be on target all year. I'm very very optimistic about the team's chances to make the tourney this year.

Lots of scouts in attendance to watch him pitch today. He had a nice day on the mound.

Deacs won game one vs EMU 12-3 and are up on Marshall 3-1 bottom 6th.

Oh yeah, Brian Holmes has a no-hitter going through 6.

Brian Holmes will take his no-hitter to the 9th. Bottom 8th 5-1 Wake.

How does one get a no-hitter and give up a run? I'm a baseball noob, and I didn't watch the game today. Just curious?

a walk sandwiched by 2 HBP and a sac fly.

Up to 9-4 now. The competition has been kind of meh, but this could be a fun season.

Can we add a baseball schedule to the Quick Links at the top of the page?

Holmes was just named ACC Pitcher of the Week. From the press release:

In addition to throwing his no-hitter on Sunday, Wake Forest’s Holmes struck out a career-high 10 batters in a 5-1 win over the Thundering Heard. .Marshall scored its one run after two hit batters, a walk and a sacrifice fly in the sixth inning. Aside from that inning, Holmes retired 24 of the 25 batters he faced, hitting just one batter in the second inning. The Lawrenceville, Ga.., native retired the first four batters of the game and 16 of the first 17. Holmes ended the game by retiring the final nine batters of the game, needing just nine pitches in the seventh inning, 11 pitches in the eighth inning and 13 pitches in the ninth.

Holmes’ no-hitter was the first for the Deacons since Ben Clayton performed the feat against UNC Greensboro on March 27, 2000. The win also extended Wake Forest's winning streak to eight games, which is the longest such streak since the team won 11 in a row back in 2006. Holmes’ no-hitter was the first by an ACC pitcher since Virginia’s Will Roberts’ perfect game against George Washington last March 29.
Congrats to him. Obviously well-deserved.

Kevin Jordan (the man with the kidney that was formerly Coach Walters') hit his first career HR today. Chills.

Back