• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Duke-Wake Game Thread (ESPN2)

If Buzz was smart he'd resign tonight so the quad won't be rolled due to him leaving and he can use the excuse of "oh my team was just about to turn the corner.." aka the same excuse he uses for his coaching tenures at CU and the Nuggets.

In his happiest moment at Wake, he still can't put together complete sentences.

Apparently K was lightheaded during the game and the AD was concerned during one of the timeouts?

Sounding like his "back," take two

Apparently K was lightheaded during the game and the AD was concerned during one of the timeouts?

Sounding like his "back," take two

Like Tiger getting those back spasms in the final round of the Honda Classic Sunday.

How many WIDE OPEN 3s did Duke miss tonight? Give Cav and the guys a lot of credit, but woof, I don't think Duke could have played much worse. They completely collapsed during that run. Good win for the Marshall/Shaka sweepstakes. Get it done, Ron.

If you didn't fire him for any individual game loss you can't keep him for any individual game win either. Body of work.

Bzz talking on the radio about how good the zone defense was tonight, and it was.
Trouble with this situation was he NEVER played a zone the first several years. Making changes like that would have given those teams a better chance to win and helped Chase F. a good deal. He has improved as a college coach, best game tonight, but it is too late. We need a new focus and breath of fresh air. At least he can go out with some more dignity and a good ending for Travis & Caron.

If you didn't fire him for any individual game loss you can't keep him for any individual game win either. Body of work.

This is real logic. Wellman logic makes the call.

Interesting that we only played 7 1/2 guys tonight. No Rountree, no Washington, barely any Overton.

Bzz talking on the radio about how good the zone defense was tonight, and it was.
Trouble with this situation was he NEVER played a zone the first several years. Making changes like that would have given those teams a better chance to win and helped Chase F. a good deal. He has improved as a college coach, best game tonight, but it is too late. We need a new focus and breath of fresh air. At least he can go out with some more dignity and a good ending for Travis & Caron.
Our zone was good tonight?!?! LOLOL, we gave Duke like 20 WIDE OPEN 3s. That's not good defense.

Last edited:
It's so messed up that everybody's first thought is "this isn't enough to keep him is it?"

Thanks ron.

OK, thanks. Changing defenses to include a zone is a complete packing in the defensive game plan. Do you pay attention to those things? Whatever.

he has a point, duke missed a shit ton of wide open 3s

Why are you following Julius Hodge?

haha I definitely don't follow julius hodge. In fact, I don't even have a twitter account. After most games, I just pull up Blogger So Dear's twitter page and then search "[Redacted]" in the search bar to see what kind of mentions Buzz is getting on Twitter, hoping that maybe some sportswriters/commentators with some influence weigh in on how bad he is or how far we've fallen...or better yet, that he's been fired. Needless to say, that's been a pretty fruitless ritual for me so far.

That is literally the only use I have for Twitter. Thanks, Ron.

OK, thanks. Changing defenses to include a zone is a complete packing in the defensive game plan. Do you pay attention to those things? Whatever.
That "you're a moron" was directed at Buzz, not you. Sorry, my b. All I'm saying is that Duke is one of the best 3 point shooting teams in the country, and we gave them probably 20 wide open 3s tonight. Hey, it worked tonight, but over the long run, that defense will certainly not work against them. Good win though. Great for the Shaka or Marshall sweepstakes. Get to it, Ron.

Back