• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official EDM/Trance/Progressive Thread

Who is your favorite EDM/house/trance/progressive artist?

• Total voters
I listened to Daft Punk's set on soundcloud, it definitely raged hard. And yeah the time thing is something I just choose to ignore when making that lol.

lol

Dada Life!

I'm tired.
Thought you were referencing the Night Owl Experience where three people went on stage in gear very similar to Daft Punk, however they played no Daft Punk songs nor their type of music (not to mention there were 3 instead of 2).

All of the Sirius sets are online now however they obviously missed quite a few sets (including Krewella and Major Lazer).

3LAU is a smart dude...just got this email

I'm super SUPER excited to tell you that I've officially released my first original single w/ Paris & Simo, Bright Lights and Revealed Recordings!
It would mean EVERYTHING to me if we could team up to get the track to #1 on Beatport, not because I care about the $$, but because I wanna prove that hustle, grind, and amazing fans are all you need to spread good music around the world!

You can support my song "Escape" HERE -- it's already in the Top 25 -- Let's get it to #1 !!!

If you choose to purchase the track, I'll personally send you a pack of UNRELEASED mashups I've been playing in my sets! All you need to do is attach a screenshot of your receipt (It looks like this) in an email to escape@3lau.com.

Thanks for always supporting my music, and I'm beyond lucky to have you as a dedicated listener.

- Justin

One thing I definitely noticed throughout is Hardstyle emerging in the mainstream. With HeadHunterz closing down the main stage Saturday, and a couple of big artists including some Hardstyle in their set (including Krewella), I think it's going to continue to gain popularity with some of the bigger songs. Can't really see Hardstyle concerts becoming that popular in the states, but definitely the inclusion of the music into EDM songs.

dunno if you saw this on a blog (Dancing Astronaut) or something

Markus Schulz ‏@MarkusSchulz 26 Jun
Scary. My 12 hour open to close solo set at @tomorrowland in Belgium is exactly a month away. #MarathonTraining

yup. If everything else wasn't so awesome I'd seriously consider just camping there. I'll definitely try and swing by at some point, maybe early in the day.

They kind of rock, so that's probably why. The lead chick played at Sweetlife a year or two ago and was still going crazy with a broken foot, then chilled real hardcore in the dressing room and got madd high. She seems awesmoe.

Last night my buddy and I chatted about a bunch of Tomorrowland stuff and I booked dinner w/ a glass of wine included overlooking the main stage while David Guetta/Afrojack/Nicky Romero do a little battle before Steve Aoki closes it out. So that should be sweet.

I think my strategy for Tomorrowland is gonna be to highlight a couple artists I wanna see each day and then just wander for the rest and I end up where I end up.

Friday: Markus Schulz, NERVO, Arty, Hardwell, and Tiesto
Saturday: Thomas Gold, Zedd, Nicky Romero, Laidback Luke., Axwell But there are some reeeeeal tough decisions in there. Thomas Gold over GTA, Sander van Doorn/Tommy Trash/Nicky Romero all overlapping, Pete Tong overlapping over Tommy Trash/Laidback Luke and Chuckie (dirty dutch set would be crazy fun), Armin van Buuren/Benny Benassi/Eric Prydz all ending stages
Sunday: Porter Robinson, Alesso over Kaskade (dunno if that would be the best venue, already seen both and are both some of my favorites), and previously mentioned dinner during David Guetta vs Afrojack vs Nicky Romero

Well I'm home....we only had one blip when someone took our locker key and tickets for food/drink out of our backpack but everything was still in the locker (including our wallets) so only lost about maybe 30 Euro of food/drink tickets but wasn't too bad, everything else went fantastic. Just really writing out what I did in detail....a lot of things had to be modified for logistics since it could take 20 minutes easy to walk between some of the stages, so some concessions had to be made. Did a lot of main stage action.

FRIDAY
Markus Schultz (was kinda scattered in a few places since it was a 12 hour set)
half of Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano
NERVO
Arty
did some walking around during Otto Knows...could hear most of it though
Fedde Le Grand
Hardwell
Sebastian Ingrosso
Tiesto
Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike

SATURDAY
Audien
Thomas Gold
Zedd
Nicky Romero (epically packed....made friends with some Aussies, maybe my favorite set I think)
about 1/2 hr of Tommy Trash
Laidback Luke
maybe 1/2 hr of Martin Solveig
maybe 1 hr of Axwell
Avicii
Then the sky opened up and ended up cutting our Saturday night short. It was that brutal. Did hear Armin announcing the birth of his son though.

SUNDAY
Porter Robinson
Yves V
First half of Alesso (when we had the pickpocket scare so ended up running around and not really paying attention to music for the latter portion)
Steve Angello
David Guetta
David Guetta x Afrojack x Nicky Romero (might get some haters, but was one of the more fun sets of the weekend....just ended up being a really really good time)
Steve Aoki

I didn't get to see a lot of sets that I wanted to, but that's the way the world works.

JDawg, few questions.

1. Did you see many tutus? I saw remarkably few compared to EDC and some of the other festivals here. I'm thinking maybe because this music is more mainstream there? Not sure.

2. What was the general feel of the crowd? How would you compare the people to EDC NYC? What was the biggest difference b/t a show like this overseas compared to here?

3. What one thing will you most remember about Tomorrowland?

I'm roughly about 30 ft behind that pink balloon to the left side of the stage (facing the DJ booth). I'm gonna watch it at some point definitely, bookmarked a ton I want to listen to or missed out on. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Eric Prydz is anywhere.

JDawg, few questions.

1. Did you see many tutus? I saw remarkably few compared to EDC and some of the other festivals here. I'm thinking maybe because this music is more mainstream there? Not sure.

Only maybe three max, and they were all worn by Americans. And only one pair of those giant ass fuzzy rave boot things. Basically everyone was wearing normal clothing, then maybe sporting a flag. Lots of shirtless guys, bikini tops/bras, etc because it did get hot during the afternoon. It also rained for periods on both Friday and Saturday as well as some storms overnight. The campground was a mess, but that's a different story. Definitely a different culture, which might speak to the popularity over there. A Belgian guy I was talking to was saying how its on the radio everywhere over there, just flip on the dial and you're listening to Hardwell and they know all his songs.

2. What was the general feel of the crowd? How would you compare the people to EDC NYC? What was the biggest difference b/t a show like this overseas compared to here?

Honestly, I'm not sure if I noticed too much of a difference. Everybody knew almost every song, but it seemed that way at EDC NY too for the most part. I did find it humorous when a Bruno Mars edit was played or something and all the Europeans didn't know it. Crowd was just very active, everybody moving and in a just generally happy and enjoying life. There were a few incidents I saw brewing, but they seemed pretty isolated. Also some stories of thefts besides our own, so there's bad apples in every crew. Initially I was prepared to say that the Tomorrowland crowd was more aggressive and hostile, although that evened out over the weekend.

3. What one thing will you most remember about Tomorrowland?

If I had to pinpoint one thing it would be the people....from ALL over. I think there were like 215 countries or so represented, more than the Olympics. People were really proud and tons of flags everywhere. I made sure to try and take as many pictures of people repping their flags as possible. I took a ton of pictures and haven't put them on my computer yet but my friend transferred a few when we were driving back from the airport so I'll put some of the flags below....there's a ton more still on my camera. But anyways, generally everybody was really nice and friendly. It was fun to both bond with Americans who made the trip and people from all over the world who made the trip, either from 30 min away in Antwerp or halfway across the world in Australia. There were a ton of Aussies there and they were all really nice, probably my favorite group as a hole. Met some South Africans, camped next to Germans, Italians, and Dutch, saw tons of Swedes (both stereotypical and not), people from Asia and Africa, lots of Brasilian flags....I think that was the thing I was most overwhelmed with. Truly a global feel and kind of brought forth a little extra faith in people and how we can all connect at certain levels.

548884_10100978780602748_1062767374_n.jpg

Guatemala, Belgium, Cyprus, Venezuela? (also can't tell what the orange is)

1016976_10100978781441068_1034266682_n.jpg

Argentina, California, Puerto Rico

999567_10100978781336278_2111933057_n.jpg

Canada, Australia

998415_10100978781805338_2108061483_n.jpg

France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium again

993937_10100978781920108_1853020509_n.jpg

Brazil during Nicky Romero

581702_10100978783551838_687529339_n.jpg

More Aussies during Porter Robinson

feel free to ask more questions, it lets me relive everything a bit and I enjoyed answering it. I may randomly post more later

Back