• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official EDM/Trance/Progressive Thread

Who is your favorite EDM/house/trance/progressive artist?

• Total voters
1. Did you see many tutus? I saw remarkably few compared to EDC and some of the other festivals here. I'm thinking maybe because this music is more mainstream there? Not sure.

This touches on it a bit: http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2013/07/faces-in-the-crowd-the-people-of-tomorrowland/

For starters, it was abundantly clear that foreign dance music fans have a much different approach to the festival ideal. In Europe, ”ravers” do not carry LED gloves or fractal glasses. Neon accents the crowd rather than envelops it and themed costumes replace lingerie and drug reference laden t-shirts.

And the bit in the link about the musical tastes is true too. I really wanted to check out some of the deeper stuff, some hardstyle, some less mainstream acts, etc but I was just overwhelmed by all the big names that I had never seen before. Plus I had my friend in tow too, so we had to give in to each others tastes a bit at times. I certainly don't regret it and wouldn't change anything, but if there is a next time (or another big festival) I'll be doing things differently.

so I just made a Headhunterz/The Prophet Pandora station because why not.....I just want to kick things right now

Looks like they canceled the last day of Electric Zoo because of two drug deaths and four ppl in intensive care.

POP A MOLLY I'M SWEATIN'

fucking idiots

Somebody died at Zedd's show in Boston last weekend too.

bumping for anybody going to Tomorrowworld this weekend

I'm out, got a wedding, but finally watched the Tomorrowland aftermovie last night. Brought back so many memories. No JDawg sightings, but since we were there when the tent area opened we had a good spot and I spotted our tent on a few aerial shots. I did see moments that I caught in my pictures (which I still haven't fully filtered through), so that was awesome.

bumping for anybody going to Tomorrowworld this weekend

I'm out, got a wedding, but finally watched the Tomorrowland aftermovie last night. Brought back so many memories. No JDawg sightings, but since we were there when the tent area opened we had a good spot and I spotted our tent on a few aerial shots. I did see moments that I caught in my pictures (which I still haven't fully filtered through), so that was awesome.

Went to Virgin Mobile Freefest last weekend and was very impressed by their Dance Forest stage. It really was a stage and then everyone was dancing with 20 or so trees among us. Seeing the lights/lasers off the trees was awesome. Manufactured Superstars (or one of them) and Gareth Emery played there. Also got to see Kaskade and Pretty Lights. Despite it being cold and rainy and muddy, it was amazing.

Only a few more days until TW. Line ups look great though the Main Stage is going to hard to not be at most the time. And bring on the camping. Weather is supposed to be perfect.

Went to Virgin Mobile Freefest last weekend and was very impressed by their Dance Forest stage. It really was a stage and then everyone was dancing with 20 or so trees among us. Seeing the lights/lasers off the trees was awesome. Manufactured Superstars (or one of them) and Gareth Emery played there. Also got to see Kaskade and Pretty Lights. Despite it being cold and rainy and muddy, it was amazing.

it's a pretty unique spot for a stage, a few random local festivals have that set-up too and it makes for a lot of fun

^saw they are having tech problems on facebook. Probably quite an overload.

Yeah just register any time within the next couple weeks then you can hope and pray that you get tickets in the one second it'll take for them to sell out

Anyone know if Paper Diamond is worth seeing? Coming through DC tomorrow night (and Thursday is looking like a snow day).

Steve Aoki is playing the Joel Annex or outdoors at the Fairgrounds (unclear which) in March

Anyone know if Paper Diamond is worth seeing? Coming through DC tomorrow night (and Thursday is looking like a snow day).

He came up on the Pretty Lights label. I enjoy his stuff. I'd go if it was a comfortable venue and a reasonable price. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to see him. Bunch of stuff out on soundcloud.

Back