• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Holiday with Family Thred

We are spending Christmas at our own house this year which is pretty sweet. In-laws just don't do Christmas that well, Wife didn't have Santa growing up because of Jesus or whatever, and though in-laws recognize Santa now, just not good at it.

No Santa? UNC people are weirdos

FIL and his wife are staying at my place for four nights. Going to be a long ass weekend.

Fred and Rita drove from Harlingen
I can't remember how I'm kin to them
When they tried to plug their motor phone in they blew our Christmas lights
Cousin David knew just what went wrong
So we gathered out in our front lawn
He threw the breaker and the lights came and
we sang Silent night, silent night....o holy night

Felix Navidad.

Y'all need a box of tampons and some Salem lights.

This year's Christmas beard contains a somewhat alarming amount of white in it. I think my chin is going to look like Jon Stewart's chin when he grew the goatee.

no family for me until my parents show up late on Christmas day, and they'll only stay one night (can't stand to be away from the farm, even though there is exactly zero going on there this time of year). Gonna quit work early today, drop by the ABC on the way home, and commence to having a big ol time for the next three days.

This is last (and for Wife, only) day to drop Kids off at school before long holiday break, so naturally Girl is sick and can't go so dream of spending day out doing Christmas stuff and enjoying rare day without Kids is DESTROYED. FML. This is why people don't have kids.

This is last (and for Wife, only) day to drop Kids off at school before long holiday break, so naturally Girl is sick and can't go so dream of spending day out doing Christmas stuff and enjoying rare day without Kids is DESTROYED. FML. This is why people don't have kids.

There has to be a name for this phenomenon, right?

The Squirrel always gets need-to-go-to-the-pediatrician sick whenever I have some random planned PTO.

She also got sick this past summer literally on day we went on beach vacation and was sick all that week. It sucks so bad.

I'm looking forward to spending Christmas with the in-laws. They're awesome.

We hosted my family for dinner and presents last night, and while it was mostly fine, my Mom and Dad were in close quarters with the nuclear family for the first time since divorce. Only one super awkward, storming out moment!...

We hosted my family for dinner and presents last night, and while it was mostly fine, my Mom and Dad were in close quarters with the nuclear family for the first time since divorce. Only one super awkward, storming out moment!...

yikes.

we went down to visit my in-laws (her dad and step-mom, actually) this summer. on the day we arrived at their house, her dad announced he was leaving step-mom for another woman.

It was a tad awkward.

Did Thanksgiving down in NC so I'm staying up in Mass. Girlfriend's family lives up here so I'm sure we'll stay there at least one night. I'm taking tomorrow off so it's a nice four day weekend. I'm sure there will be plenty of Christmas drinking. Getting a new TV tomorrow so that's nice.

WOOD.jpg

Just kidding, they spawned AWAR, so they have to be pretty cool.

My family, like me, are awesome. And then on to the inlaws, who aren't bad either. This is easily the best time of the year.

Back to Raleigh for like five days. Parents moved within town to a new house last year, so it's kinda different but been enough that it still feels like home. Brothers are married/engaged so just me, the parents, and sisters this year. No superconservative grandparents, which is nice.

My family, like me, are awesome. And then on to the inlaws, who aren't bad either. This is easily the best time of the year.

Same. Pops and sis are around this week at my apartment so quarters are a little tight but otherwise it's a party. Ribs and wings on the smoker today, gonna go to the art museum and then bars on bars.

Xmas eve we will travel up to my future inlaws place and have nice Xmas and future FIL is turning 60 so going shooting and fun stuff like that. Only bummer this year is that it's 70 degrees so can't start a fire and drink cocoa but instead we can chill on the porch and drink champs.

I love this time of year from Tgiving to the end of the year. It must suck to hate your inlaws or family.

Same. Pops and sis are around this week at my apartment so quarters are a little tight but otherwise it's a party. Ribs and wings on the smoker today, gonna go to the art museum and then bars on bars.

Xmas eve we will travel up to my future inlaws place and have nice Xmas and future FIL is turning 60 so going shooting and fun stuff like that. Only bummer this year is that it's 70 degrees so can't start a fire and drink cocoa but instead we can chill on the porch and drink champs.

I love this time of year from Tgiving to the end of the year. It must suck to hate your inlaws or family.

Yep. I love my family, and would say that there's not really any Crazy to speak of. J's family has some crazy, but it's still totally enjoyable.

I love my in laws and family they are pretty fun and cray. Just tryin to have a nice family holiday story thred here don get nervous PS Twiggie you don't even know your in laws yet everybody still on good behavior an what not. Sis in law and bro in law number twos in town now from San Francisco shits about to get real homies

except sis in law number one, my wife's brothers wife. My wife's bro is really cool and very good looking but his wife is someone I would not really get along with in real life. She's hot but very negative and judgy it's weird combo cause he's so laid back and chill. But I enjoy getting good buzz and watching

Back