• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Holiday with Family Thred

Count me in as also loving my fam and in-laws. Flying the red-eye tonight to the home of my panthercats (CLT) where I'll spend a xmas eve and xmas w/the family. Driving to the beach to do xmas with the in-laws after that, then it's back to the NC mountains for a big NYE w/my family. Gonna see every beautiful part of NC while I'm on the east coast. Piedmont, Beach, Mountains mmmmm mm mmm good.

Younger sister is a little cray and occasionally gets #millenialangry and rants about shit and goes overboard (it's coming from a good place but pick and choose your battles, kid). She's been better in recent yrs ever since kukowt stopped trolling her as much.

Count me in as also loving my fam and in-laws. Flying the red-eye tonight to the home of my panthercats (CLT) where I'll spend a xmas eve and xmas w/the family. Driving to the beach to do xmas with the in-laws after that, then it's back to the NC mountains for a big NYE w/my family. Gonna see every beautiful part of NC while I'm on the east coast. Piedmont, Beach, Mountains mmmmm mm mmm good.

Younger sister is a little cray and occasionally gets #millenialangry and rants about shit and goes overboard (it's coming from a good place but pick and choose your battles, kid). She's been better in recent yrs ever since kukowt stopped trolling her as much.

same for my little broseph, to an extent, but he's gotten a lot better now that he's actually a productive member of society.

Yep. I love my family, and would say that there's not really any Crazy to speak of.

Hate to tell you this Leebs, but if you look at your family and can't ID the craziness, then that means that you're the crazy one.

Two days in with a week with my parents and in-laws. I'm praying for someone to go into a coma. If it has to be me for sweet relief, so be it. 3/4 parents were being super LBH during the game. Especially my MIL. The loosest of buttholes.

Your parents and in laws all together for a week?!

Rubs I love this thread and I am all in. My grandparents are staying with my parents too so that might be semi style cramping. And not the grandma that said she did jäger shots the other night and "stopped counting after 3."

I love my family. This Christmas is going to be interesting and stressful. We've lost several family members this year and then my grandfather is in the hospital for Christmas.

We switched things up for Christmas with my mil and that was the best decision ever. I had my first nice Christmas with them. They have decided that they want to make Christmas at our house a tradition! :)

We are currently 14 hours in to travelling and are currently sitting back at home due to missed flights, weather etc at rdu. Supposed to be with family in CO (nowhere close to skiing) which we fought against. Feeling very vindicated right now.

Eta: 10 month wasn't tow the entire time.

Last edited:
Got up at 5 to drive to VA. Hit the interstate at 6:05 and by 6:15 encountered an accident that closed all four lanes of the interstate. Sat there for 45 minutes.

In the car on the way to NJ. Gotta stop for that Wawa coffee soon!

Just got to Durham took 14 month old on two hour flight. He slept the whole time on my wife's lap like a bawse. I'm stoked my MIL and all in-laws are way cool even though they're all tar holes. It's warm as shit here too. My ears never pop well after a flight and so I won't be able to hear well until morning which is fine. Baby went right down. She got some decent red wine for us and our room is very private so I'm feeling pretty good about the whole situation. I'm picking up my mom in Winston and bringing her here tomorrow so the whole thing will likely go downhill

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear my gpa complain about no one responding to the email fwds he sends.

My mom doesn't drive and ever since my parents split up my dad gets real LBH about getting her to our house so she has to find some rando to drive her up here. Every fucking time it's stressful as shit and I hate it.

Yeah my mom is 76 and a horrible driver but harps on and on about driving until I finally have to insist and pick her up and then hear the whole way that she could have driven. I have to remind her of all the times she got lost and drove miles out of the way listening to the radio and then had to call and get help.

Just arrived at the outlaws in noVa after a 6 hour drive to find that they've disconnected the cable in the room we always stay in. Thanks Obama.

Just arrived at the outlaws in noVa after a 6 hour drive to find that they've disconnected the cable in the room we always stay in. Thanks Obama.

Hopefully you bought that roku after all.

Back