• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Holiday with Family Thred

In laws bolted to BILs house when we asked if they could make a pbnj sammich for the boy because they were not sure they could fit making a sandwich into the days schedule. Also they ha the weirdest fucking jellys but I think all olds have strange jellys

going to lunch w cray sil an BIL (not hot BIL and cray SiL) an she wants to stop at most crowded bakery on earth to get some shit. Hoping she would see the line and bail but guess not. just waiting an waiting and waiting. I'm gonna have like 10 beers at this lunch

My in laws got here yesterday, we already totally filled the living room with gifts and Santa hasn't come yet. We have cookies, brownies, Boston cream pie, candied pecans, and more cookies, plus egg nog. I am getting fatter just by breathing. So far no crazy though.

it just hit me REALLY HARD that my whole family is hanging out right now, and i'm ... at work. 3000mi away.

:panda:

Cassoulet tonight. Duck braising right now, smells unreal.

Time to ramp up beer consumption and break out the cards.

FIL decided to bring his two dogs at the last minute after telling us he'd have them at the kennel. Didn't both to let us know about his change in plans, just showed up with them.

Also, I don't normally mind the in laws but this time they are staying at out place; no fucking reprieve.

"People stopped going to that church when they married those queers up there." -FIL just now.

God bless us every one.

Lunch was great. Dinner too. MIL mini freak out about giving her gifts to the kids tonight because she's #nervous that my SILs parents and other sister will be at Christmas tomorrow. Otherwise all is pretty well. Many beers deep. Also, I have never met my SIL laws sister (wife's brothers wife sister) but I'm getting wind from the #olds that she is #cray and gets a lot of the #divorces so I'm excited to see all this unfold!!

My sister's boyfriend's sister is relatively famous and crazy and may hang with us tomorrow night (doubt it, but possible), so that could be interesting.

More or less famous than your former nanny?

Both sets of parents in town. Having six adults to handle two kids is awesome. I took a two hour nap between putting in the turkey and prepping the sausage, leek, and cranberry stuffing. So nice.

Last edited:
Overall fun get together with the whole extended fam and kids everywhere, despite the simmering anger between the two aunts over the desserts that I learned about on the ride home.

My dad and brother-in-law are currently in the other room trying to figure out both which Pub candidate is the best and most electable (they like most of them but realize there is an electability issue with some - mostly because Murca is stupid). OTOH, I had a nice crab cake last night and lox and bagels this a.m.

My sister's boyfriend's sister is relatively famous and crazy and may hang with us tomorrow night (doubt it, but possible), so that could be interesting.

I would be more excited about meeting BILLY ELLIOT

Note to future self: kids need waaaaaay fewer gifts than you got them this year. Like, really, more than 2 gifts is excessive. And makes them kind of dickish.

Note to future self: kids need waaaaaay fewer gifts than you got them this year. Like, really, more than 2 gifts is excessive. And makes them kind of dickish.

Yeah. Gotta remember this. We just got 1 present this year but my parents and grandparents got more and he's basically happy with the first thing he opened.

I would agree. However children's toys are nuclear arms race. It exponentially grows and is completely unstoppable.

Now we're at my parents' house and they have like many gifts for both tots, so the process will begin again. Pray for Mojo.

Back