• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Holiday with Family Thred

Grandparents just unabashedly comment on the race of anyone on tv. "Man, you don't normally see a group of blacks at a football game like that."

...what?

I am safe and now at my parents. I don't know why I thought this would be better...

Rookie mistake. Once you hit like 30, if they weren't already, your parents become crazy as well.

Rookie mistake. Once you hit like 30, if they weren't already, your parents become crazy as well.

#notallparents

Mine are much more awesome. And every time I see them it means free child care.

At least it was 82 degrees in Wilmington today so that's nice.

Ph and Leebs, you guys should hang out and high five and discuss the fact you have the 2 families in America without any craziness in them.

ph has undefeated parents too? well i will be god damned.

My only #drama was about my fiancée strongly disliking her bro's new gf. Otherwise things were pretty, pretty great this Xmas.

If I had to spend time with my mom's I'd be singing a different tune.

Ph and Leebs, you guys should hang out and high five and discuss the fact you have the 2 families in America without any craziness in them.

Lol

My only #drama was about my fiancée strongly disliking her bro's new gf. Otherwise things were pretty, pretty great this Xmas.

If I had to spend time with my mom's I'd be singing a different tune.

I think she's just #suspicious a relative stranger was willing to drop $430 on you for cheese

i'm for it.

not even kidding a little bit when i say my perfect vacation right now would be a week somewhere warm and sunny with my family.

i'm for it.

not even kidding a little bit when i say my perfect vacation right now would be a week somewhere warm and sunny with my family.

I'm balls deeps in family time and that would still be my perfect vacation.

I had a nice few days with my parents. My sister, her hubs and their toddler are with his family, so it was just my folks and me. While I love my nephew and it would have been fun to see him at Christmas, it was nice to have adult conversation and just relaxing hang-out time with my folks. At Thanksgiving it was like constant toddler time and I barely feel like I got to chat with the grown-ups.

Unfortunately, my parents still don't believe me that the 30-year-old twin mattress in my childhood bedroom should probably be replaced. I think parents with adult children should have at least a double bed in a guest room (my folks have a double so they think a queen is unnecessary). My sister and my old bedrooms still have our old twin beds in them, and there's a sofabed downstairs in the living room that is a double or queen. I need to someday just buy a larger bed to send there.

Yeah. I bet Leeb's family is fun on vacations.

eh, i think so, but it's not like it's anything totally crazy fun/out of control. we all like doing things/activities as much as we like/appreciate sitting down with a book and doing nothing or playing a board game - i can never, ever remember thinking "I'm bored" while with my family.

I had a nice few days with my parents. My sister, her hubs and their toddler are with his family, so it was just my folks and me. While I love my nephew and it would have been fun to see him at Christmas, it was nice to have adult conversation and just relaxing hang-out time with my folks. At Thanksgiving it was like constant toddler time and I barely feel like I got to chat with the grown-ups.

Unfortunately, my parents still don't believe me that the 30-year-old twin mattress in my childhood bedroom should probably be replaced. I think parents with adult children should have at least a double bed in a guest room (my folks have a double so they think a queen is unnecessary). My sister and my old bedrooms still have our old twin beds in them, and there's a sofabed downstairs in the living room that is a double or queen. I need to someday just buy a larger bed to send there.

or shove the beds together and send up some king sheets.

Back