• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Yeah, but it could be Smart is just trying to get some more money out of VCU.

Um, or it could be that WFU has already moved on from Smart and there's no need for Smart to say anything about it publicly. I mean, it's not like the guy is obligated to shoot down every bit of speculation that he's leaving.

Deman now saying all the meetings are over and this means the search isn't going well. His source thought something was done based on the meetings and now realized the meetings were not at all related to the coach.

"Please disperse. There is nothing to see here"

What a great source. Cant even tell why people are having a meeting.

i5r68x.jpg

So he's the one who drew the "deal is imminent" conclusion from his source's info about meetings? Jesus he can be an idiot sometimes.

Deman now saying all the meetings are over and this means the search isn't going well. His source thought something was done based on the meetings and now realized the meetings were not at all related to the coach.

"Please disperse. There is nothing to see here"

So his "source" is a receptionist? Or him just making things up again.

well it depends on how you look at it whether that's bad news or not. Some may say being spurned by Shaka, Howland, Mack, White, Massiello and Sendek would be bad news for the program. However, I think that the program will be under fine stewardship under del Negro's leadership.

I don't understand how the takeaway from all of that is "the search isn't going well."

A deal isn't imminent. Okay. Until Deman reported that a deal was imminent, nobody thought it would be. Carry on.

Deman owes everyone about 2 hours of their lives back. And skinndeacs whatever the extra hour of daycare cost for his kid.

Back