• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

maLvhRz.gif

Reactions: Ayo
When the Richmond news comes out tomorrow, the meltdown here is going to be intense. The second billboard hurt you bad. I hear the number one reason Shaka rejected Wellsy was the fans. He just did not believe you would give him more than two years to succeed.

Guys, you have my word if we hire Shaka I will banish OldGoldAndGrobe and MistyMountains to their own thread.

Reactions: Ayo
Well when their AD can barely muster up a "at this time shaka smart is technically still the basketball coach" you know it feels a bit different

Wasn't the Colorado AD pissed bc Wellman didn't go through him?

Best thing this board can do is chill out and not explode over every piece of (non) news. Dont listen to Deman, don't troll the VCU board, don't email every news outlet asking about stuff. Just let it all play out. As my 8th grade English teacher told me "everything is there, when you become aware".

Best thing this board can do is chill out and not explode over every piece of (non) news. Dont listen to Deman, don't troll the VCU board, don't email every news outlet asking about stuff. Just let it all play out. As my 8th grade English teacher told me "everything is there, when you become aware".

But I want a new coach NOW

Well the funny thing is the AD has said twice I believe he has yet to be "contacted" by any schools as if this is some mandatory duty rather then perfunctory notice. VCU fans don't even seem worried that it might come down to Shaka having to take a million dollar discount or more if you don't include the winning incentives to stay.

I couldn't imagine VCU balking at guaranteeing his incentives to make it closer to 1.6 guaranteed but you have to think Wake and Marquette started at 2 million guaranteed plus incentives and negotiated up from there. Big difference to bridge there .

Both those quotes referred to early Monday. Just keep that in mind

While Wake fans will likely be thrilled and somewhat surprised is we land Shaka, the rest of the college basketball world...

giphy.gif

sounds like she was trying to get in your pants............and you just weren't aware.

Back