• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I think people may be reading whatever the fuck they want into this Wake Forest kinda guy thing.

Pro Humanitate.

There are plenty of people in this world who don't fit that mold. And they come from all sorts of backgrounds. And there are plenty of people who do fit that mold who come from all sorts of backgrounds as well. To say you think a coach may not fit in at our school could simply be implying you don't think the coach is a good person. Whether that is a fair judgement is another question.

I think people may be reading whatever the fuck they want into this Wake Forest kinda guy thing.

Pro Humanitate.

There are plenty of people in this world who don't fit that mold. And they come from all sorts of backgrounds. And there are plenty of people who do fit that mold who come from all sorts of backgrounds as well. To say you think a coach may not fit in at our school could simply be implying you don't think the coach is a good person. Whether that is a fair judgement is another question.

Do you think that's what was being implied?

Do you think that's what was being implied?

Yeah, exactly. Just personally, I'd prefer posters who object to Marshall to say "He's an asshole because of X" or "He's not a good person because of Y" rather than this weird WF Way thing. But maybe I'm just #dense, for serious.

tumblr_ma7u5eaX8a1qz53j7.gif

For the record, I think every good coach is kind of a dick (maybe with exception of Skip).

The unwillingness to hire someone who has the necessary edge because of the "Wake Forest Way" may be one reason we haven't broken through in March.

Katie Lembo ‏@kkatielembo 4h
Never forget you're my biggest inspiration and we love you so much! It's gonna get better I promise

we won't get him either, but marshall is a better coach than shaka

Is Claw a "Wake Forest guy?" Just curious. I mean, he's a Rust Belt kid. Went to a liberal Northeastern school. I don't know. The concept of a "Wake Forest guy" seems overblown to me. Just get the right guy to bring us out of the depths of despair that is Wake basketball. We can still remember the good times. Let's make sure they don't become a distant memory.

It's what makes us sleep better at night.....:thumbsup:

Dolphan so nice of you to drop by.

What schools exactly would you list as better basketball destinations then VCU ?

Also any rumblings from your area about Wake at all ?

The unwillingness to hire someone who has the necessary edge because of the "Wake Forest Way" may be one reason we haven't broken through in March.

Meh...I am not sure that has anything to do with it. Izzo has about as close to a temperament to Skip as you can get and he is one of the most successful March coaches in a generation.

Back