• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I really think Manning is making a mistake. Get the feeling his heart is not in it and he has doubts. Oh well. Hope for the best.

Are people still holding out hope that Danny Manning isn't our next coach? It's over. It's been over.

I guess but they still have to announce it from the podium or espn at least. Unofficially officially is still unofficial in a sense .

Are people still holding out hope that Danny Manning isn't our next coach? It's over. It's been over.

I was holding out hope that he'd say no, Wellman would be shown the door, we go with an interim for one year and then make a proper hire next season. Sad when #ScorchedEarth is what gives me the most hope for the future.

Wellman is in Dallas so I doubt there's any announcement until after the championship game....so Tuesday?

I was holding out hope that he'd say no, Wellman would be shown the door, we go with an interim for one year and then make a proper hire next season. Sad when #ScorchedEarth is what gives me the most hope for the future.

I'd be cool with this. I think Manning has doubts about Wake and I think the doubts a lot of us have about him are justified. I think it's a bad hire but all we can do is hope for the best.

This really feels like a late night hookup as the bar is closing between the only two people left

That's not what would happen. We would end up with Russell Turner and Wellman would retire in a couple of years like he would anyway.

Manning is a risk, but his upside potential is much greater than Russell Turner, IMO.

Why would they fly him to Winston if he hadn't been hired? At this rate, it would look worse for Wake if Manning said no. We'd be a bigger laughing stock than we already are.

Remember how it was better for Wake basketball in the long-term for [name redacted] to lose in the short-term? Now it may be better for Wake athletics in the long-term for Ron Wellman to be "a bigger laughing stock" in the short-term. Burn it to the ground with Ron Wellman inside. Because obviously, we haven't hit rock bottom yet.

WellmanOUT! And the sooner the better...

ETA: Perhaps "rock bottom" is that we don't make it back? We just tread water in a sea of mediocrity and irrelevance for next 15 years...

Last edited:
Back