• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

I don’t think the fans reaction to the court storming caused the season implosion.

I think it was the embarrassing and cowardly apology from Currie. Imagine watching your AD apologize to Duke, after a Duke player acted in an absolutely disgusting fashion, and assaulted a member of the Wake Forest community.

Knowing your school doesn’t have your back is demoralizing.

Last edited:
Kyle should not have tripped that player. No matter how much taunting the UNC players did the fans should not throw anything on them.

Those were horrible errors. Reckless and stupid. They should and will apologize. There is no justification for such conduct. It’s despicable. It’s unacceptable.

See how that works?

Weird no one is publishing those apologies today. Do you have a copy of the text?

No acknowledgement of it that I’ve seen on Nothing But Net/ACCN postgame coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably worded that wrong saying “he called him out”— was referring to the actual game call, where after it was replayed, Bilas said “we’ve seen that movie before”.

Someone (much) better than me should post side by side pics of Flip tripping the Wake student and tripping Ingram. The text can be “It’s almost like he’s trying to trip them”

No, I don’t see how it works. “Kyle should not have tripped that player…They should and will apologize.” This certainly sounded like a heartfelt apology 😂😂

My favorite is “my foot slipped” apparently straight up.

Flip has tarnished any kind of decent rep he ever had over these past couple weeks. What a doof

It amazes me that duke can simultaneously have consistently low character people in its program and complete immunity when it comes to media coverage.

Is it that amazing given the media world we live in?

Filipowski has rekindled my hatred for Duke. I’ve always enjoyed seeing them lose but I haven’t had a Duke player that I hated so much since Grayson Allen. He’s making a run at my top 5 most hated Dukies
Allen
Dahntay Jones
Laettner
Hurley
Reddick

Filipowski has rekindled my hatred for Duke. I’ve always enjoyed seeing them lose but I haven’t had a Duke player that I hated so much since Grayson Allen. He’s making a run at my top 5 most hated Dukies
Allen
Dahntay Jones
Laettner
Hurley
Reddick

Good list, but since we're talking about it, I'd replace Reddick with Flip. Rest of 5 is good.

Allen
Dahntay Jones
Laettner
Hurley
Reddick

I’ve had this same thought. I think the lost decade contributed to that since I was so checked out from college hall. Grayson Allen was so egregious that you couldn’t help but notice him.

Allen
Dahntay Jones
Laettner
Hurley
Reddick

Why limit yourself to five?

I guess the acknowledgement of responsibility from flip, scheyer, and the admin are coming today? I just haven’t seen anything publicly, @donaldross, can you share the text of those apologies?

I’m not interested in venturing over to their boards, but surely they are pretty unified in their demand for accountability unlike the ingrates over here.

I guess the acknowledgement of responsibility from flip, scheyer, and the admin are coming today? I just haven’t seen anything publicly, @donaldross, can you share the text of those apologies?

I’m not interested in venturing over to their boards, but surely they are pretty unified in their demand for accountability unlike the ingrates over here.

I didn't get a chance to watch the Today Show, but surely there was a segment on this, as there was for the COURT STORM

The attention to Flip is well deserved. However, the actions of the Crazies is being swept under the rug.

The Crazies threw water and bottles at the Blue Goat players after the game. Plus, after the loss to Pitt there were numerous Crazies that extended their middle digits at Henson from Pitt. This display of bad sportsmanship was in full display to the television audience. Both instances are examples of where the Crazies can direct their weird antics at opposing teams but cannot respond in a civil manner when their team loses.

There have been no indications that the Duke crowd will be admonished in anyway. This is in stark contrast to how the Wake students were vilified for storming the court.

After the game, Scheyer was actually walking thru the Crazies and apologizing for the loss with no reaction to the disgusting situation that was simultaneously happening on the illustrious Coach K court.

When will the Duke administration and the ACC office announce their official reprimands/actions for the lack of crowd control at the venerable Cameron Indoor Stadium?

Back