• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Kyle Filipowski assaulted a wake fan thread.

I also have allegiances to two schools. And I talk a lot of shit about Wake, too. Ron Wellman completely and totally screwed us. Heck, this message board exists so we could all trash Wake.

I think he has overstated the issue this has caused for Wake. Wake's big problem is that we are a tiny school, not a football school, and the world has changed to the detriment of schools like us. The court storming will have no impact on whatever our fate will be in this new landscape.
We all shit talk wake. Point is I see him worship Duke and never give wake props

Apparently that post-trip spin he did caused a major anal fissure (tear). He must have been clenching his fists and holding a breath at the exact moment of contact. Anyway, this also explains the trail of feces the Duke trainers found on the floor of the Joel when looking for evidence. This was reported on here earlier.

Regardless of the exact physics, he has been in the ICU since the game. Apparently, the feces entered his bloodstream and he been fighting TSS, toxic shock syndrome. He is basically so full of shit his body is literally shutting down. However, Blue Devils insiders reported that he turned a corner this afternoon.

If their prayers are answered, Flip makes it back in time for the ACC tournament. Definitely out until then. Needless to say, storming the court has got to stop!

Last edited:
wow

can't believe someone leaked kyle's post game xray

images

Dude's gonna be one of the moderately solid (for a stint) duke big men in the nba.
Anyone else think that if Filipowski's "injury" was severe, or season-ending, that we probably would have heard about it by now?????
It’s being reported as a dislocated ego. No timetable has been set for his recovery.

I was two rows back from Courtside. While I did not join in the court storming, I found it good to be part of a fun atmosphere in the Joel again. I picked one game to go to this season, and it was a fantastic choice.

Folks were having fun cheerful and just overall very celebratory. I saw something going on as the Duke staff were moving him off the Court, but for the life of me, had no idea what exactly had happened until afterwards.

At first when I heard about it, I was quite upset. Fans should never touch a player regardless. Then I saw the video and how he initiated contact. Perhaps their staff should do more to encourage their players to never engage with spectators in any form or fashion while in a visiting arena.

Again, this was an extremely tame celebration in the immediate Court storming and even afterwards. The most crude thing I dealt with was the crass individual a few seats over that yelled obscenities at me about our former Athletic Director as I was leaving.....

I was two rows back from Courtside. While I did not join in the court storming, I found it good to be part of a fun atmosphere in the Joel again. I picked one game to go to this season, and it was a fantastic choice.

Folks were having fun cheerful and just overall very celebratory. I saw something going on as the Duke staff were moving him off the Court, but for the life of me, had no idea what exactly had happened until afterwards.

At first when I heard about it, I was quite upset. Fans should never touch a player regardless. Then I saw the video and how he initiated contact. Perhaps their staff should do more to encourage their players to never engage with spectators in any form or fashion while in a visiting arena.

Again, this was an extremely tame celebration in the immediate Court storming and even afterwards. The most crude thing I dealt with was the crass individual a few seats over that yelled obscenities at me about our former Athletic Director as I was leaving.....
Why would someone yell at you about our former AD? You a big Wellman guy?

Any word from his MRI yet, @CONeill?
I mean, what do you want me to say here?

I like covering Duke and I like covering Wake; I'm doing both so that I can maintain some semblance of a career. I've got great relationships with staffs and admin at both places; I'm not going to say anything to jeopardize that and hopefully that's understood.

When I'm done with this current state, I'll be more than happy to share my feelings on a whole lot of things and this can be tacked onto the list.

Why would someone yell at you about our former AD? You a big Wellman guy?
I think this particular individual eavesdropped on a conversation I had with one of my old coworkers earlier in the game.

We just won a great game over a top 10 team and the headlines across all of the media conglomerates are all about Court Storming instead of a fantastic win. I think I've gotten over the frustration of it all over the past 30+ years and just chuckle at the inevitability of the karma gods enacting their displeasure with us at this point.

An old friend from high school posted a story about the court storming on FB and added his personal opinion that court storming should be banned and teams whose fans do it should forfeit the game. It is taking all of my self control to not engage. People are literally so stupid!

Back