• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official NFL Divisional Round Thread: #KeepPounding

What's being lost is the idiot call by the Cards coach to throw it and stop the clock on their possession.

Eh. Like I said before, it was a calculated risk. Go up two scores and seal the game or just give Rodgers a shorter window to burn you.

That play by Fitzgerald is why I want the Packers to win. Josh Norman is awesome, but don't want anything to do with Fitzgerald next week if the Panthers win tomorrow.

To what?

(And that game was amazing)

I think both teams should get possession and if still tied, it's sudden death. Not sure why it makes sense for the kicking team to get a chance to answer a FG, but not a touchdown?

I know, give the other team a shot no matter what.

Agreed.

Anyone else think the Packers should have gone for two? The Cards were shell shocked. 50-50 shot at winning. The math is in your favor until they change the OT rules. Simply the coin flip makes the odds of winning in OT tough. According to the win probability calculator, a team starting OT from the 20 has a 15% chance of scoring a TD. Even if you get the ball, you don't have a great shot of winning.

Agreed.

Anyone else think the Packers should have gone for two? The Cards were shell shocked. 50-50 shot at winning. The math is in your favor until they change the OT rules. Simply the coin flip makes the odds of winning in OT tough. According to the win probability calculator, a team starting OT from the 20 has a 15% chance of scoring a TD. Even if you get the ball, you don't have a great shot of winning.

I don't know that's a tough call. If you get it, awesome, if you don't what a letdown! I think in that situation it's a reasonable argument to make though.

Yeah. It ends up being a 50-50 shot either way. The difference is the ball is in Rodgers' hands with the conversion.

12507590_10207687931932759_1126759448289869686_n.jpg

12472244_10207518986828105_3110256215792564513_n.jpg

Larry fuckin Fitzgerald almost won the game

Fuck yeah!! Just got back from the game. If the Cards kissed that away after the shit show the Deacs did today . . . thanks, Larry for winning the game and saving Bruce Arians' ass.

#1) Throwing the ball with 2+ minutes left in game and giving Rodgers another 45 seconds
#2) Blitzing and rushing 7 guys on a hail mary. WTF?

Back