• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I absolutely take that. I think if I had enough prep time (aka get my hands in shape to handle hitting so many shots in a short period of time) I would do it from 145 in 24 hours.

I kinda feel this way too, but went with the full week to be safe.

Have been posed a similar hypothetical - but with higher/darker stakes. You get a year and $10 million if you make, but you and your whole family dies if you don't get it. Also, you have to figure out the course arrangement/how to hit as many balls as possible part.

I'd still do it. Would find a non-crowded public track with a short-ish par 3 with a slope/backstop behind the hole, and pay them a sizeable sum of money for unlimited play. Shouldn't take more than a couple days. Probably would hit little half shots and run the ball up so it would have 2 chances to go in. Boom.

Have been posed a similar hypothetical - but with higher/darker stakes. You get a year and $10 million if you make, but you and your whole family dies if you don't get it. Also, you have to figure out the course arrangement/how to hit as many balls as possible part.

I'd still do it. Would find a non-crowded public track with a short-ish par 3 with a slope/backstop behind the hole, and pay them a sizeable sum of money for unlimited play. Shouldn't take more than a couple days. Probably would hit little half shots and run the ball up so it would have 2 chances to go in. Boom.

I'd take that all day

Where you would get me is if I couldn't pick my hole. I'f you're sitting me on anything 185+ I doubt I'd take it

Yeah, I should have added that I would need the ability to run the ball up. If I got so deep in my own head I couldn't hit a reasonable golf shot I would want the ability to punch 7/8 irons up there until one caught the cup.

How about the bet is you have to hit a 7-iron or 8-iron. None of this PW bullshit.

How about the bet is you have to hit a 7-iron or 8-iron. None of this PW bullshit.

I assume that you're saying a 160+ yard hole then. I'm finding one where I can pay to have the pin in front of a slope every day and still taking it. As said above, 185+ gets a little dicey, but I'm probably in up to 200 (assuming I can have the slope behind the pin, major key). Just don't tell my family.

I assume that you're saying a 160+ yard hole then. I'm finding one where I can pay to have the pin in front of a slope every day and still taking it. As said above, 185+ gets a little dicey, but I'm probably in up to 200 (assuming I can have the slope behind the pin, major key). Just don't tell my family.

Everyone has different yardages. Whatever distance is a 7/8 for you. but yeah 160 for me.

Based on his earlier comments I'm guessing LK's course has about six par 3 holes reachable by PW.

Getting set for the Big Fall Myrtle Week....32 guys and a real shit show. The Line-Up this year.

Sat - Myrtlewood
Sun- Heritage
Mon- Dunes
Tues - Pearl West
Wed - The Witch
Thurs - Pine Lakes
Fri - Grand Dunes
Sat - Barefoot Norman
Sunday - Bed Rest

Stoked!!!

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to play Chambers Bay last week while visiting my brother outside Seattle. Beautiful environment, ass ugly greens. Ended up renting clubs from the course and got a set of TaylorMade M2s. Turns out I can’t handle the white drivers and ended up hitting a three hybrid off the tee after I got tired of sending tee shots low and left. Highlight/lowlight of the day was hitting a six iron on the par 3 17th and having it roll and bounce off of the flagstick to 8 inches. One of the few instances to bitch about a tap in birdie I guess

So i'm getting married in in April and my fiance is a huge Disney World fan so we are probably going to drive down to Disney from NC, spend a night and 2 days there, and then fly out to somewhere tropical. On the way back I think i'm going to take an extra day and stop by Streamsong and play the new Black Course, maybe try and get 36 in and play the blue course too (already played Streamsong Red). Would be a pretty nice end to the trip.

I was fortunate enough to play Chambers Bay last week while visiting my brother outside Seattle. Beautiful environment, ass ugly greens. Ended up renting clubs from the course and got a set of TaylorMade M2s. Turns out I can’t handle the white drivers and ended up hitting a three hybrid off the tee after I got tired of sending tee shots low and left. Highlight/lowlight of the day was hitting a six iron on the par 3 17th and having it roll and bounce off of the flagstick to 8 inches. One of the few instances to bitch about a tap in birdie I guess
Yeah, playing without your clubs sucks, am i right!?

Getting set for the Big Fall Myrtle Week....32 guys and a real shit show. The Line-Up this year.

Sat - Myrtlewood
Sun- Heritage
Mon- Dunes
Tues - Pearl West
Wed - The Witch
Thurs - Pine Lakes
Fri - Grand Dunes
Sat - Barefoot Norman
Sunday - Bed Rest

Stoked!!!

Best surprise this week has been Pine Lakes. Rundown but redone 4 years ago Played it 3 years ago and the changes had not grown in. Played it today and in tremendous shape; solid greens and lush fairways. Still a bit pricey but well worth playing.

So i'm getting married in in April and my fiance is a huge Disney World fan so we are probably going to drive down to Disney from NC, spend a night and 2 days there, and then fly out to somewhere tropical. On the way back I think i'm going to take an extra day and stop by Streamsong and play the new Black Course, maybe try and get 36 in and play the blue course too (already played Streamsong Red). Would be a pretty nice end to the trip.

Streamsong is amazing. Played last year and going back this December to play Black. I preferred the Red to the Blue if you have to make a choice. Enjoy it, because it is a very special place.

The driver was for real a problem

I have found the driver to be the biggest problem anytime I've rented clubs. I have been able to make any set of irons work at least reasonably well. Even the putters have been workable. But with the huge differences in shafts and launch angles, rented drivers have been a crap shoot. I now use ShipSticks a lot.

I have found the driver to be the biggest problem anytime I've rented clubs. I have been able to make any set of irons work at least reasonably well. Even the putters have been workable. But with the huge differences in shafts and launch angles, rented drivers have been a crap shoot. I now use ShipSticks a lot.

The worst is if the rental driver is adjustable, because who knows what setting it is on. I had a set of TM rentals in HI and I could tell after about 2 drives on the range that the thing was set wide open. The guys in the cart barn just shrugged their shoulders when I asked if they had the adjustment tool, so I had to end up hitting 3 wood off the tee instead.

Back