• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

I have a dozen brand new ProV1Xs I'm willing to trade for a dozen Calloway Chrome Soft Stars and Stripes if anyone has any laying around. Or if you see any on sale at your pro shop and want to upgrade them to some new V1Xs at the discounted price, scoop them and shoot me a PM.

bruh

Best public golf course in Lexington, Kentucky? Need to pick a place for a bachelor party and have never played in that area.

Just returned from a Wisconsin golf trip, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Flew in Thursday am and played Erin Hills. Then had a van take us to the Kohler resort. Played Blackwolf Run River and Meadows courses on Friday. On Saturday, we played Whistling Straits then Irish Straits. On Sunday, we replayed the Irish and flew home. It was an unbelievable experience. Erin Hills was spectacular and beautiful. The River and Meadows courses reminded me a lot of Mid-Atlantic parkland courses. Whistling Straits was superb and deserves all of the accolades it has received. We saw Will and Jada Smith and my buddy hit into Trey Wingo. It was my birthday weekend and I almost had two aces.

We didn't do Sand Valley, but this has to be the only place in America where you can play so many Top 100 public courses in the same. We played 5 Top 60 public courses in three days. Service was top notch as well. If you are on the fence, do it. Ryder Cup next year there will be so much fun.

Just returned from a Wisconsin golf trip, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Flew in Thursday am and played Erin Hills. Then had a van take us to the Kohler resort. Played Blackwolf Run River and Meadows courses on Friday. On Saturday, we played Whistling Straits then Irish Straits. On Sunday, we replayed the Irish and flew home. It was an unbelievable experience. Erin Hills was spectacular and beautiful. The River and Meadows courses reminded me a lot of Mid-Atlantic parkland courses. Whistling Straits was superb and deserves all of the accolades it has received. We saw Will and Jada Smith and my buddy hit into Trey Wingo. It was my birthday weekend and I almost had two aces.

We didn't do Sand Valley, but this has to be the only place in America where you can play so many Top 100 public courses in the same. We played 5 Top 60 public courses in three days. Service was top notch as well. If you are on the fence, do it. Ryder Cup next year there will be so much fun.

My bachelor party is going to be at the Ryder Cup next year (Whistling Straits). We'll likely try to get a round or two in as well.

Have recommendations for both a nice course and then a drinking course?

Are we to assume Coach O lost in the finals since we didn't get an update?

Nope! Won on 18. Crazy match. Giving that many strokes was ROUGH. I shot 78...he shot 91. He had 3 blow up holes (quads), but the rest of the time he was a pretty "normal" golfer. Pars/bogeys. Decent swing. Really good short game. Those couple of blow up holes he hit incredibly shitty tee shots. 2 of the 3 OB. The third one went 20 yards.

Nope! Won on 18. Crazy match. Giving that many strokes was ROUGH. I shot 78...he shot 91. He had 3 blow up holes (quads), but the rest of the time he was a pretty "normal" golfer. Pars/bogeys. Decent swing. Really good short game. Those couple of blow up holes he hit incredibly shitty tee shots. 2 of the 3 OB. The third one went 20 yards.

Nice, congrats! Did you make him miss any short putts?

Nice, congrats! Did you make him miss any short putts?

Made him putt everything...as he did with me. I was actually the one who missed a short one. 2 foot par putt...left the putter face wide open, swiped at it, missed.

Nice job. You must have played well on his non-blow up holes - you had to be giving him almost a stroke a hole on those and he must have only been like +7 on the remaining 15 holes...

Nice job. You must have played well on his non-blow up holes - you had to be giving him almost a stroke a hole on those and he must have only been like +7 on the remaining 15 holes...

Yep. Won all of his blow up holes...with bogeys on all of them. Once he hit horribly off the tee and was in big trouble, I played conservatively at that point. I made triple on a hole he made par. Came to 18 all square. 185 yd, par 3. Hit the best shot of the day...almost jarred it. He hit in to a green side bunker, then hit poorly out. Two putted for bogey. I made an easy, straight 7 footer for birdie.

Congrats. That’s still a bs handicap - no way a 21 should be shooting a 91 in tourney play.

Congrats. That’s still a bs handicap - no way a 21 should be shooting a 91 in tourney play.

Seriously. I asked a few guys if they knew him/had played with him, and he is new...second year. Won't make too many friends being a sandbagger...

That’s what I just came here to post. If he shot a 91, he played a couple of strokes better than his handicap. In a championship match.

Great job, Coach! I love to see sandbaggers get taken down.

Match play is a lot different than a true tournament. I'm guessing his 91 would have been 95+ in stroke play.

I've never been much of a golfer but have shaved off 10 strokes this summer. Been playing every weekend...will be playing twice this weekend. Typical score before this summer was 105-110 and I'm consistently around 95-97 on most every course in town now. Best round of 94 a couple of weeks ago. Next goal will be to break into the 80s but that'll be a lofty task with my abysmal short game.

I've never been much of a golfer but have shaved off 10 strokes this summer. Been playing every weekend...will be playing twice this weekend. Typical score before this summer was 105-110 and I'm consistently around 95-97 on most every course in town now. Best round of 94 a couple of weeks ago. Next goal will be to break into the 80s but that'll be a lofty task with my abysmal short game.

I've found over the years that just going out and playing more is the best way to improve your scores vs. getting lessons or getting new equipment.

I still happen to believe it's fairly remarkable that my best round ever (74) is 9 strokes better than my 2nd best round ever (83).

Back