• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

Also I just read this drama and WHO are these people cheating to win? I honestly never understood, especially in such a lame fashion. How do you even enjoy that win? I'd understand steroids better.

We've all had that moment where we know we could pull it of, pretend a chunked shot didn't happen when no one was looking, for example, but you just put your hands on your temples for a moment, grow up, and take your double.

Maybe posted this before, but one of my non-golfing friends at Wake got a call once, when he hung up he was like huh, that was weird, some guy asking about my handicap and I don't even play golf. Like 5 minutes later his dad calls and tells him that any time he gets a call like that to just say yes to whatever. I look it up and his dad (they have the same name) has been posting scores to both accounts. He was like a 7 at his club but sent in his son's 12 for all events outside of his club. I asked if his dad seemed to win a lot and he was like yeah, he basically wins everything - always bringing home new clubs, bags, stacks of pro v1's, free rounds, etc.

He apparently enjoyed wining just fine...

Yeah, I remember you posting that before. That guy is a fucking asshole -- the type of guy who would invade Poland or Ukraine given the chance.

where i live now is a fun spot for golf - 20 mins from Harding Park, 15 mins from Sharp Park (Alistair course), and 10-15 mins to the half moon bay courses

where i live now is a fun spot for golf - 20 mins from Harding Park, 15 mins from Sharp Park (Alistair course), and 10-15 mins to the half moon bay courses

@buckets (when) did you move?

do any other mediocre golfers want to do some sort of handicap lowering competition?

just trying to navigate getting that san francisco golf club membership

jokes aside - olympic and lake merced are kind of reasonable private clubs

My area is seems pretty favorable as well, especially compared to what some people are posting. My club which is two blocks from my house is a fun Donald Ross, which is more than nice enough for what I'll ever need, and is super affordable (we use it more for pool and platform tennis, but hopefully I can play more golf someday). And Canterbury GC is less than 1.5 miles from my house too if I decided I wanted a step up.

Last edited:
My area is seems pretty favorable as well, especially compared to what some people are posting. My club which is two blocks from my house is a fun Donald Ross, which is more than nice enough for what I'll ever need, and is super affordable (we use it more for pool and platform tennis, but hopefully I can play more golf someday). And Canterbury GC is less than 1.5 miles from my house too if I decided I wanted a step up.

I did a US mid am qualifier at Canterbury a few years back. Very nice course.

Just got through this. The guy who is cheating is a scumbag. But damn man, if he's your playing partner and you went straight to the pro instead of him idk about that. Feels so weird. If he's not really your friend then I get it, but if he's your friend at all then very weird.

Going to the Honda this weekend. The field has gotten quite weak, but looking forward to seeing a few guys out there. They are trying to get a Scottsdale-vibe going around the Bear Trap.

Followed Rory a few years ago when he still played it. He was hitting it all over the map. He got stuck in a giant bush like 10+ yards over one green. He actually went into the bush and hit it out, was pretty funny to watch this world-class player hacking it around.

I couldn't believe how empty the Bear Trap stands were yesterday. It should be a cool setup, they should fire whoever is marketing that tournament. The field isn't THAT bad.

I couldn't believe how empty the Bear Trap stands were yesterday. It should be a cool setup, they should fire whoever is marketing that tournament. The field isn't THAT bad.

Have you seen Fowler's tee shot on 17 yet? I was watching feature group coverage earlier and he missed it 50 yards right. Spectacular high plains drifter!

Going to the Honda this weekend. The field has gotten quite weak, but looking forward to seeing a few guys out there. They are trying to get a Scottsdale-vibe going around the Bear Trap.

Followed Rory a few years ago when he still played it. He was hitting it all over the map. He got stuck in a giant bush like 10+ yards over one green. He actually went into the bush and hit it out, was pretty funny to watch this world-class player hacking it around.

Why don't the best guys play this one? It's not a bad purse and half of them live within 10 miles of the course anyway.

Bad spot in the schedule coming after 2 huge weeks and before back to back weeks of API and The Players.

Yeah, I guess I discount the physical and especially mental output that a 4-day tournament requires.

It's crazy to me for any sport how precisely the athletes' routine is structured so that they are at absolute peak physical readiness and mental focus going into a competition. I could see how you spend that off week with family and in near meditation to ensure your mind is blank going into Thursday at the API.

Just came back from golf in Palm Springs. Typical great Courses highlighted by Rams Hills GC in Borrega Springs.
Hour and 1/2 south from PS in the middle of nowhere but rated one of the best Public Courses in the Country.
Too bad between windy conditions and intermittent rain showers it was not as enjoyable as I hoped but what a beautiful track.
Felt special just finishing 18 but A must visit if you are in the area.

Last edited:
Back