• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official OGBoards Golf Thread

It might not be as hard as you think. A lot of private clubs are hurting and are open to negotiation when it comes to bringing in new members. Not top tier clubs, but a lot of good clubs with decent amenities. Many also have junior membership deals for new members under the age of 35.

You should look into it if you're interested in playing private club golf.

To echo Shorty, also look for clubs offering initiation payment over a period of 4-5 years. You may also want to see if any of the Club Corp courses in NoVa have any deals. At the very least go shopping for a club and tell them you're interested but that you don't want to commit without first checking out the facilities and playing the course to see how it fits your style and personality. In other words, get a free round of golf and a meal out of the private clubs in the area.

Walked nine today in a light rain. Had the course to myself.

Came here to praise my FootJoy DryJoys kept my feet completely dry.

Playing 18 tomorrow.

Thanks. My partners are a little more reliable this morning.

Walked nine today in a light rain. Had the course to myself.

Came here to praise my FootJoy DryJoys kept my feet completely dry.

Playing 18 tomorrow.

IMHO there is no better golf shoe than the Dry Joy. Just terrific.

Planning to play more golf this year, to the detriment of other bullshit.

Played my first round today since late 2013. Walked 18 playing best ball with a buddy at Reynolds Park. Didn't lose a single ball which is very rare for me.

Played my first round today since late 2013. Walked 18 playing best ball with a buddy at Reynolds Park. Didn't lose a single ball which is very rare for me.

Didn't loose a ball after not playing since 2013? That's pretty damn impressive. Granted I forget what Reynolds Park's hazards are like but regardless well done.

I need to get back out on the golf course, but looks like the weather his taking turn for the colder over the couple of weeks.

I played Winding Creek on Friday for 10.00. Lost 4 balls plugged in the fairway.

Just finished Sobering up from my New Year's Day Golf round.

Me and a bunch of buddies go play at a dog-track in North Charlotte (Sunset Hills) and make golf a drinking game since the course is wide open.

Rules:

Shotgun a beer on the First Tee to determine honors (shotgun start)
Eagle a hole - Everyone in the group takes a shot
Birdie a hole - Make someone in your group take a shot
Par a hole - Nothing happens
Bogey a hole - finish your beer before you tee off the next hole
Double a hole - Finish your beer and take a shot before you tee off the next hole
Triple a hole - finish your beer and take 2 shots before you tee off the next hole
Quad - finish your beer and 3 shots
etc.....

I was even thru 8 and shot an 86.... The hits come quick, fast and in a hurry.

Just finished Sobering up from my New Year's Day Golf round.

Me and a bunch of buddies go play at a dog-track in North Charlotte (Sunset Hills) and make golf a drinking game since the course is wide open.

Rules:

Shotgun a beer on the First Tee to determine honors (shotgun start)
Eagle a hole - Everyone in the group takes a shot
Birdie a hole - Make someone in your group take a shot
Par a hole - Nothing happens
Bogey a hole - finish your beer before you tee off the next hole
Double a hole - Finish your beer and take a shot before you tee off the next hole
Triple a hole - finish your beer and take 2 shots before you tee off the next hole
Quad - finish your beer and 3 shots
etc.....

I was even thru 8 and shot an 86.... The hits come quick, fast and in a hurry.

Fuck that shit. I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning before I finished 9.

Yeah that sounds pretty impossible to complete unless all 4 golfers have the most scratch vanilla round ever

Well, that's one way to train yourself to avoid double bogeys. Jesus.

I routinely play with a guys who can reel off 7 or 8 birdies in a round. I'd be dead.

Yep. And even if you're playing well, all it takes is the other 3 guys in your group to team up and fuck you up, while individually fucking themselves up.

Fun premise, but I just don't believe the numbers you put to each outcome.

Yep. And even if you're playing well, all it takes is the other 3 guys in your group to team up and fuck you up, while individually fucking themselves up.

Fun premise, but I just don't believe the numbers you put to each outcome.

We're all around 6-10 handicaps. The worst golfers are the best drinkers so it works out pretty nicely. 2 involuntary "Reversal of fortunes" make the rules void so no one dies.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on some new Ping G irons this week. Anyone thank that's a bad idea ? I tried out comparable Mizuno, Titleist, and King Cobra and liked the Pings the best.

I've got the i25 irons and like them. I believe the g are a bit more forgiving.

Need to get some new woods or hybrids. The two I have in my bag right now do nothing more than display my Deac head covers.

There was a guy at the range yesterday hitting one of those Ping Crossover Irons. He said he loved it and got rid of his hybrid and 3-wood.

My Mizunos are only 2.5 years old (JPX-EZs), but it sure would be fun trying out new irons...though I'm hitting mine maybe better than I ever have recently (couple somewhat chilly rounds + range time). Too bad I can't say the same for my driver and putter.

Back