• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official PGA Championship Thread

deacz

Reaction score
Bill birdies his first two holes

Tiger -2 through 4

Ryo manages a 45 on the back 9 to start his day. The last four holes there are tough, but i'm not sure they are +7 tough. Hopefully Bill will get through there in decent shape. This course should suit him, as it is long and requires good ball-striking, especially in the irons game.

Ryo now +15 through 16, or for most of us, one under bogey. Looks like he will break 90 after all.

Tiger went +7 over a 6 hole stretch and sits near DFL at +4.

Webb is +2 through 9.

Bill makes his first bogey of the day on 18 but sits at -2 through 9 where he trails Stricker by 3.

Stricker, by the way, birdied the 15th and 18th, two of the hardest holes on the course, for a front nine of 30.

Last edited:
I share Tiger's pain. After coming back off back surgery I could play four or five holes well and then it would go to shit. He's in that same mode.

The upside is Tiger may very well be in Greensboro next week.

Haas has it back to -3. Stricker leading the field at -7. Great day for Bill so far. Good finish here should lock up a spot on the President's Cup team.

I'm already sick of golf again. Once again, we have a player (actually a few) playing lights-out and yet all the attention is on a guy who's 14 shots off the lead after farting a 7-over. I don't care who he is- talk about the guys playing well and forget the ones who aren't.

I'm already sick of golf again. Once again, we have a player (actually a few) playing lights-out and yet all the attention is on a guy who's 14 shots off the lead after farting a 7-over. I don't care who he is- talk about the guys playing well and forget the ones who aren't.

Preach it, brother! Amen.

It's just disrespectful of the guys who play great and deserve the spotlight. Scott's win last week was utterly overshadowed by Tiger and his catfight with his ex-girlfriend Stevie. Granted Williams was on Scott's bag and should've kept his fucking mouth shut but really- it totally overshadowed a great tournament by a great player. A few of them actually. And here we go again.

Did anyone catch the interview with Adam Scott where they were asking him about what Stevie said? It was super awkward.

Meh. First two rounds are boring anyway. We need more clips of nobody's shooting -2?

Show Tiger, Phil, Rory, and all the other stars. If Alexander Noren, Jerry Kelly, or Brenden de Jonge want Thursday coverage they should try winning some Majors.

If they're still within a couple strokes of the lead come Sunday, they'll get their tv time.

Any pro can have a decent day and shoot -2. Doesn't mean they "deserve the spotlight" on Thursday.

Meh. First two rounds are boring anyway. We need more clips of nobody's shooting -2?

Show Tiger, Phil, Rory, and all the other stars. If Alexander Noren, Jerry Kelly, or Brenden de Jonge want Thursday coverage they should try winning some Majors.

If they're still within a couple strokes of the lead come Sunday, they'll get their tv time.

Any pro can have a decent day and shoot -2. Doesn't mean they "deserve the spotlight" on Thursday.

They need to show the guys who are playing good in the tournament at hand. Sure shots of Phil, Rory, Rickie, Adam, Tiger are fine. But to spend the entire goddamned tournament and camera angle on one of them? And in that regard, the others are nowhere near the obsession the media has on Tiger.

I'm watching this week's tournament, not the Masters from 2001. Or the British Open from 2008. Or even Adam Scott's win last week. It's about THIS week. If the heads on Golf Channel want to chit-chat about Tiger after the day's play, fine. But during the telecast, I want to know about the guys playing well at that moment.

They need to show the guys who are playing good in the tournament at hand. Sure shots of Phil, Rory, Rickie, Adam, Tiger are fine. But to spend the entire goddamned tournament and camera angle on one of them? And in that regard, the others are nowhere near the obsession the media has on Tiger.

I'm watching this week's tournament, not the Masters from 2001. Or the British Open from 2008. Or even Adam Scott's win last week. It's about THIS week. If the heads on Golf Channel want to chit-chat about Tiger after the day's play, fine. But during the telecast, I want to know about the guys playing well at that moment.

Tiger is golf, end of story. I don't like it, but that's reality. He birdied 3 of his first 5 today. He's going to be covered, just like Rory is going to get coverage whether he shoots 60 or 80 today. Just like Jerry Kelly is not going to get jack shit for coverage while he shoots -5.

I get the argument when it's Sunday and they're showing Tiger instead of a guy who might win. But Thursday? Just show Tiger and the other stars and anyone who's on fire.

Stricker ties the major championship scoring record.

Bill finishes at -2, a really good start.

Back