• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official PGA Championship Thread

good to read that the course has some teeth. like a tough course for the majors.

Yeah, best of both worlds IMO. Get to see birdies made, but if you F up, you are not getting away with it.

two double bogeys by day and a triple by rory...great day my team is having

Got to attend yesterday. Still can't believe Stricker shot 63. Tough place. #15 and 18 were really fun to watch. With #15 playing to 260, even 50% of the pros looked fairly uncomfortable and most were bailing out. Best shot I saw was Bubba, who played a big cut off of the water to about 3 feet. Second favorite shot of the day was Dustin Johnson on #8. I think he was coming off 2 bogeys, and he crushed that drive about 375. Once they got out to the fairway, from our view at the tee box it looked like he was standing about 100 yards ahead of Sergio and Fowler. Too bad Johnson doubled 18 both days and will miss the cut. He's fun to watch.

Why? He's kicking ass today. He's already moved up 19 spots on the leaderboard without taking a swing. The Tiger intimidation factor is back!!

Tiger looks like a 30 handicapper playing a municipal course.

Tiger looks like I do when I'm playing golf. Especially that last shot.

Anyone see Verplank's bad drive off the 16th?

Ball is only a couple inches from a tree that is directly in the line to the hole. No easy shot.

Surprised Stricker did not lay up there. He usually manages his game much better. Just lay up there, get a par and finish one behind the leaders.

jeez golf needs tiger to get good again. and I'm not even a big tiger fan but it is much more exciting when he's doing well.

jeez golf needs tiger to get good again. and I'm not even a big tiger fan but it is much more exciting when he's doing well.

This also just sucks because other than Furyk and Stricker, everyone near the top is a relatively no name.

If this involved Scott, McIroy and Phil all at the top, it would be completely different.

Back