• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official PGA Championship Thread

I'm a diehard golf fan and Rory is very appealing to me. He's incredibly talented, he's a bit goofy and is genuinely friendly/fun loving guy. I don't get the Rory hate.

Stay healthy Rory. I won't qualify for the wekeend without you.

^dont think Golf Channel is allowed to show actual shots, just highlights once a round is completed. TNT/Networks have all the rights to the actual telecast.

Yea I agree with you its pretty crazy. Think most dont care a lick about the tiger/stevie thing

didn't see a single shot today other than Rory hurting himself. did they show a single shot of Haas or was he done before 1pm? trying to figure out if I can delete those 6 hours from my near full DVR.

I watched most of the coverage yesterday and it didn't really make sense after reading this thread. They showed a montage of Tiger and Stricker clips a few times to catch viewers up, but other than that by the time coverage started he was pretty much done.

My problem with the coverage was the commercials. Even watching via DVR it was absolutely incredible how many times they cut to commercial, came back and showed 2 swings, then cut back to commercial. I also do not understand all the face time for announcers. We can hear them fine while watching shots - why have 5 minutes of 2 guys in a booth talking when golf is being played right behind them?

Today's AJC is a great example of the hype. Large headline "A Scorching Start" with an account of Stricker's monster round (which no one heard about). Right below that headline is a huge color photo of Tiger teeing off and tossing his driver. I admit there is a tiny color photo of Stricker so they were nice enough to add that.

Is it ten shots and ties or just a number of players and ties to make the cut?

Petter, look at your PM...

used the google

The PGA Championship cuts its field following 36 holes of play. The PGA cut rule is that the golfers with the low 70 scores, plus any ties, make the cut and play the final two rounds. Those outside the Top 70 plus ties are cut from the field and do not advance to the final two rounds.

I was watching Sportscenter the other day, and it was such bullshit. There was a Sox game being played at the same time and yet they didnt show one pitch from it! All they showed were clips from the NFL training camps. Disgusting.

was great the yr the Masters was shown with no commercials.

Was that during the Martha Burk protest?

The Masters only has 4 minutes of commercials an hour anyway, so I probably didn't even notice the commercial-free Masters.

I was watching Sportscenter the other day, and it was such bullshit. There was a Sox game being played at the same time and yet they didnt show one pitch from it! All they showed were clips from the NFL training camps. Disgusting.

This is sarcasm based on bkf's post, right?

Seems to be a lot of birdies, bogeys, and double bogeys being made. Should make for a good tournament.

Back