• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official PGA Championship Thread

Pulled his drive on number 2. Ball was against a root and Rory took a swing at it. Let go of the club on impact and has been looking at/squeezing his wrist. He's clearly in pain and concerned.

Pulled his drive on number 2. Ball was against a root and Rory took a swing at it. Let go of the club on impact and has been looking at/squeezing his wrist. He's clearly in pain and concerned.

Not looking good. Hopefully it isn't too bad and he can at least survive today.

unfortunately he's acting like it's a broken wrist. i hope not, that would be terrible.

wrapping it in an icepack after every shot. dropping his club in his follow through on every swing

Is....or was? I think that is a question subject to debate right now.

How many more tickets you think they sell in Greensboro if he'd committed to play there?

Like it or not, he is still golf. The Rory talk is nice, but if Tiger were to walk away from the game after this year attendance would fall apart. Phil has arthritis and is probably done being a consistent threat. The youth movement + Steve Stricker/[insert boring but talented old guys here] is not enough to make up for Tiger.

Oh god, if Rory continues to play well, this is all we will hear about. I'd probably rather hear about Tiger.

We are watching the tournament. Hype is part of that though - we can't watch every shot from every player, so they have to pick the storylines.

I'd rather not hear about either one of them. Media, ratings, money.....why the hell does everything have to be hyped? Why can't we just watch the tournament & enjoy the golf?

Fans like you will watch regardless, because you love golf. To gain the casual fan, they need "stories".

This might be the worst coverage I've ever seen from CBS. Very few golf shots outside of McIlroy are being shown in the afternoon.

I'd rather not hear about either one of them. Media, ratings, money.....why the hell does everything have to be hyped? Why can't we just watch the tournament & enjoy the golf?

Fans like you will watch regardless, because you love golf. To gain the casual fan, they need "stories".

dislike the production pieces as well. would rather see the shots being made.

We are watching the tournament. Hype is part of that though - we can't watch every shot from every player, so they have to pick the storylines.

See, that's just it, with today's technology and all the cameras they have out there we just about CAN see every shot. They just don't show them to us. The sideline stories and review highlights of every step Tiger takes consumes so much of the coverage it is ridiculous.

Tiger most definitely is NOT golf. He is golf for the non-golfer and the very casual fan. In that regard he is clearly great for the game. I have no problem with him getting more coverage than he strictly deserves, given how he is playing. But, they take it way too far and are turning off their core fanbase - the golf purists who watched golf before Tiger and will watch golf after Tiger.

Partly because of the popularity surge golf enjoyed due to Tiger's rise and dominance, the game is very, very healthy right now with talented young players. There is plenty of great golf to watch and great players to learn about and become fans of - if they would show them and talk about them.

Back