• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Pit Home Improvement/DIY thread

We have a Bosch dishwasher. It's very quiet, but very finicky. Our water is soft, so we can't use rinse-aid with detergent. Otherwise, it complains about too much foam.

i have a thermador skinned bosch and it is super quiet, I think the quietest on the market at the time, which is part of the reason i bought it but it is not the best washer

i have a thermador skinned bosch and it is super quiet, I think the quietest on the market at the time, which is part of the reason i bought it but it is not the best washer
The drive to quiet dishwashers has lead to some performance issues. No more food grinder in them. Too noisy. Just a filter that needs to be cleaned frequently. If that is not done, the dirt is recirculated.

So this is the underside of my kitchen sink, which is about 10 years old. This doesn’t look right, agreed? Is it a plumbing issue or what?

IMG_2335.jpeg

Last edited:
So this is the underside of my kitchen sink, which is about 10 years old. This doesn’t look right, agreed? Is it a plumbing issue or what?

View attachment 8194
Correct. It doesn't look right. Yes, it is a plumbing issue. Did you notice any water in the cabinet below your garbage disposal?

If you don't have drips, two options.

If your gonna DIY it, do it ASAP before the rust gets worse. If you're going to hire a plumber, you can wait until tecpensive.he GD needs to be replaced or you find the sink leaking.

Replacing the GD mount is pretty easy. Also, they are not expensive.

Not really a DIY project (for me), but I had a pipe burst at the beginning of the month and the contractor and insurance company just finally came to an agreement, so I'm looking forward to getting the basement put back together. We're going to take this opportunity to do a light upgrade of the laundry room as well!

Not really a DIY project (for me), but I had a pipe burst at the beginning of the month and the contractor and insurance company just finally came to an agreement, so I'm looking forward to getting the basement put back together. We're going to take this opportunity to do a light upgrade of the laundry room as well!
PVC? If so take the opportunity to install pex. I did that last summer when I installed a clawfoot tub to replace my shower.

PVC? If so take the opportunity to install pex. I did that last summer when I installed a clawfoot tub to replace my shower.
It was the copper section on an exterior spigot. Burst due to weather and when it warmed up and the hose was used water ran behind the wall into the basement living area.

Feeling like Spring in the ATL so sunday I took a break from my tiny house build and I made me some new deck furniture.

View attachment 8283

Can we see some tiny house pics? That stuff fascinates me.

I'm likely going to tackle building a shed workshop this summer so I can get back to woodworking.

Sorry, took me a bit to get pics smaller but I began the project last year after graduating combat engineer school with the seabees in Gulfport, MS as I cross-trained into a new career field in the Redhorse. It's 12X12 with a loft. I recently decided I wanted to change the dimensions of that large front window which is why it's boarded up. I also originally planned on having a small partition betweek kitchenette and common area but ripped it out saturday to give more space (and also make room for my golf sim. lol). The bathroom will be a "showerroom". I'm also going to change the roof to metal. I just made use of shingles left over when I bought the house but not a fan plus, I been doing a lot with metal buildings and fabrication the past year with the guard so feel like I can button that down better.

I began building for a couple reasons. When I moved into my house, I had a view of HomeGrown and straight down memorial drive to the Georgia Capitol but, 2 years later, I had 6 story condo building in my backyard so this blocks a little bit of my yard and with the housing shortage and film professionals in town, I could rent it out.

IMG_4992.jpeg IMG_4991.jpeg IMG_4990.jpeg house.jpeg living.jpg IMG_4780.jpeg

Last edited:
I feel ya Stoneville same thing happened to the first house I had on Edgewood, rooftop deck overlooking the city, amazing view because across from me was a vacant lot and auto shop. Then 8 story condo blocking everything.

What’s been the cost? As this thread knows, we’re trying to finish out our shed into an office space/guest space and since quotes have been ridiculously expensive, we might pivot to doing it ourselves.

Correct. It doesn't look right. Yes, it is a plumbing issue. Did you notice any water in the cabinet below your garbage disposal?

If you don't have drips, two options.

If your gonna DIY it, do it ASAP before the rust gets worse. If you're going to hire a plumber, you can wait until tecpensive.he GD needs to be replaced or you find the sink leaking.

Replacing the GD mount is pretty easy. Also, they are not expensive.
went ahead and hired a plumber to fix and replace the GD since it was kind of a POS anyway. thanks for the advice.

I feel ya Stoneville same thing happened to the first house I had on Edgewood, rooftop deck overlooking the city, amazing view because across from me was a vacant lot and auto shop. Then 8 story condo blocking everything.
Yeh it was pretty crazy! I mean the value of the home has skyrocketed and the condos are expensive which helps. The church lot across street is for sale so I’m kinda hoping more condos get put up and they make a play for my street. Which when I bought this, it was my dream forever house and now it’s an investment to get me my dream plot somewhere. I’m interested in the World Cup effect.

My neighbor is having a "tree house" built in the woods behind his house and it is legit bigger than that tiny house (which is awesome, btw). This guy has to be paying like $30-40k for this thing (if not significantly more). I'll snap some pics when I can.

Workers have been over there for 3 weeks now.

This fucking microwave....The magnetron is dead, its the key piece of equipment that accelerates the electrons to heat up the food. The replacement part is $300 and the repair guy said, at that price it is probably best to just get a new microwave...but it is all linked in with my regular oven so I'd have to replace the oven and the microwave, which will run >$2000 to get a similar size and quality appliance. Fuck. I think we could probably just get a $100 counter top microwave that would easily fit inside my other dead microwave but my wife said "That's a dumb idea."

Back