• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Pit Home Improvement/DIY thread

Finished installing 400 sqft of laminate flooring this afternoon on the old house, about to put it on the market. Never done it before, but it seemed simple enough. Ran into a few snags, mainly not undercutting the door jambs at first, then figuring out how to undercut the door jams, then fitting the snap-lock pieces into the tight spaces around the door jambs, and a few failures to measure-twice-cut-once. Now just have to do the quarter-round and the transition pieces, which shouldn't be too bad, I'm hopeful I can knock that out in an evening.

Shit looks real good and was real cheap. Very proud of myself, but my quads and hammies are screaming at me. Will try to remember to post pictures later.

Laminate can look real good, and as noted, isn't that hard to install, if you pay attention to details.

My lawnmower won't start and I think it's because I used stale gas. How can I get it out, and where can I dispose of it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Once you do replace the gas, mix a bottle of this into the fuel can. It's absolutely magical.

0001881200001_500X500.jpg

My lawnmower won't start and I think it's because I used stale gas. How can I get it out, and where can I dispose of it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

you just just drop a match in the tank and burn it out. then you're good to go.

Anyone got a rec for a good self-propelled lawnmower? Gas, of course.

i put fuel stabilizer like that into my mower at the end of the season - first time I'd ever bothered. Started right up this spring like I had used it yesterday.

i put fuel stabilizer like that into my mower at the end of the season - first time I'd ever bothered. Started right up this spring like I had used it yesterday.
The stuff is great. It works in pretty much every engine ever made. Its often imitated, but never duplicated. And no, I'm not a compensated spokesperson for them.

Anyone got a rec for a good self-propelled lawnmower? Gas, of course.

After our Lawn Boy finally crapped out last summer after 14 years, we picked up the $399 Honda from Home Depot after looking at a lot of reviews. Consumer Reports gave it a very high rating. Absolutely love it, and on retrospect wish we would have just put a bullet in the old one a couple of years earlier instead of keeping it on life support.

I'll have to get some of that gas treatment stuff. I left old gas in my lawn mower all winter and it wouldn't start over the weekend. I was standing in the front yard pushing the primer button time and time again, then yanking the start pull so many times. A neighbor guy wanders over and primes it like 9 more times then it starts on the first pull. Made me feel like a donk.

how do you deploy this stuff? Basically just spray around the perimeter of your ground floor inside and out?

I did that with some stuff I bought at Lowes last year and it seemed to work pretty well.

Exactly. Greatly reduced the number of stinkbugs at my house last year.

After our Lawn Boy finally crapped out last summer after 14 years, we picked up the $399 Honda from Home Depot after looking at a lot of reviews. Consumer Reports gave it a very high rating. Absolutely love it, and on retrospect wish we would have just put a bullet in the old one a couple of years earlier instead of keeping it on life support.

My yard is pretty flat so I bought a Honda push mower without the self propelled. I highly recommend Honda and read good things about the self-propelled version. That would be my pick if I was to buy one.

So for the lumberjocks on the boards, how difficult would it be to make something like this:

Dock_Eyewear_Maple_Clean_1024x1024.jpg

not difficult, just patience and the right tools. getting a nice finish is probably the most challenging part

not difficult, just patience and the right tools. getting a nice finish is probably the most challenging part

How would you approach it? Would you make that angle cut before or after routing out the storage areas?

We're hanging cabinets tonight in our Civic Club. Its been a while, and we're building them on an uneven floor. Thankfully, my helper is a General Contractor so I'll be in good hands. Maybe I should rephrase that and say he's installing them and I'll be helping.

How would you approach it? Would you make that angle cut before or after routing out the storage areas?

I was just thinking about this. personally i'd do the angle after routing, that way you've got an even edge to base the routing (?) on.

Back