• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Speaking of lemmings...

When Americans were asked their opinion of Vladimir Putin in July of 2014, Republicans hated the guy more than Democrats did. The Russian president’s net favorability (the percentage who view him favorably minus the percentage who view him unfavorably) was -66 among Republicans three summers ago. Now that number is -10.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...y-love-vladimir-putin.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Amazing that party perceptions of Russia tracked together until Trump clenched the nomination.

Also amazing that Republicans liked Putin less than Democrats by about 10pts until this years election. Also what's the dip in red during the fall? The grab em by the pussy video?

As noted several pages ago.
Funny that the major change in opinion about putin hasn't been from the left but from the right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

People that think there is only one "but-for" cause of Trump's win are fucking idiots. There are likely dozens.

Russian interference and fake news have potential negative impacts beyond the results of this election. Clinton's shitty campaign does not.

If focusing on Clinton gets you through the day and helps you come to terms with electing a ticking time bomb as president, have at it. The rest of us are going to focus on actual problems facing our country:

Last edited:
Seriously no one (or at least very few) are complaining that Hillary lost because of this. We're all pissed because a foreign state just completely undermined our democracy. If you can't keep those two things separate, that's your own fault.

People that think there is only on "but-for" cause of Trump's win are fucking idiots. There are likely dozens.

Russian interference and fake news have potential negative impacts beyond the results of this election. Clinton's shorty campaign does not.

If focusing on Clinton gets you through the day and helps you come to terms with electing a ticking time bomb as president, have at it. The rest of us are going to focus on actual problems facing our country:

Let's just say that there are a number of reasons for Trump's win and Hillary's loss. I never claimed anything else. Nor have I ever said don't investigate any outside interference in the elections but there are a lot of other areas to look into than merely suspicions of Russian spying or efforts at meddling.

Fake news peddling is a problem; but it's not just a problem on the right.

In any event, I did not vote for Trump, while on the other hand you most likely voted for a corrupt, lying, cheating incompetent. Of the two of us, I think that you have a lot more reason for soul searching and a lot less reason for Russia gazing than I do.

Let's just say that there are a number of reasons for Trump's win and Hillary's loss. I never claimed anything else. Nor have I ever said don't investigate any outside interference in the elections but there are a lot of other areas to look into than merely suspicions of Russian spying or efforts at meddling.

Fake news peddling is a problem; but it's not just a problem on the right.

In any event, I did not vote for Trump, while on the other hand you most likely voted for a corrupt, lying, cheating incompetent. Of the two of us, I think that you have a lot more reason for soul searching and a lot less reason for Russia gazing than I do.

1. There is more than one reason Clinton lost. Few things in life have only one proximate but-for cause. Close national elections are not one of them.

2. We have more than "merely suspicions" of Russian hacking and meddling in our election.

3. Liberals are not immune to fake news, but it is more of a problem on the right.

4. I'm comfortable with my vote since I voted for the only candidate capable of doing the job. You made a decision that the alternative to Hillary wasn't bad enough to convince you to vote for her despite your (erroneous) opinion of her.

I think you will come to regret that decision, in fact I think you are regretting it now. Why else would you keep trying to convince everyone that Hillary was at least as bad as Trump and that it's really her fault Trump won anyways.

1. There is more than one reason Clinton lost. Few things in life have only one proximate but-for cause. Close national elections are not one of them.

2. We have more than "merely suspicions" of Russian hacking and meddling in our election.

3. Liberals are not immune to fake news, but it is more of a problem on the right.

4. I'm comfortable with my vote since I voted for the only candidate capable of doing the job. You made a decision that the alternative to Hillary wasn't bad enough to convince you to vote for her despite your (erroneous) opinion of her.

I think you will come to regret that decision, in fact I think you are regretting it now. Why else would you keep trying to convince everyone that Hillary was at least as bad as Trump and that it's really her fault Trump won anyways.

You are wrong on 3 and 4. Number two is an intelligence issue on which much of the evidence is secret and most likely not unambiguous, further confused by politics. So, who knows? On number 1 we have never disagreed.

You are wrong on 3 and 4. Number two is an intelligence issue on which much of the evidence is secret and most likely not unambiguous, further confused by politics. So, who knows? On number 1 we have never disagreed.

I wish all you conservatives were as skeptical about the intelligence regarding Iraq having weapons of mass destruction as you are regarding Russian hacking.

Are we doomed to this being the era of equivalencies now? Seems like every criticism from both sides is just deflected with "so are you !" without even really considering if that's true. I guess if it FEELS true, that's all that matters. *sigh*

The entire feelings and post fact world has been slowly creeping up on us and it has finally arrived. The entire Facebook thread on this forum is a good example of it originally being funny and now not so funny because more and more people believe it and more and more people started posting.

Trump is still refusing to acknowledge Russia was behind the hacks. Am I taking crazy pills? How is this not a bigger deal?

Back