• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Sailor, why do you think everyone in the campaign has lied about contacts with Russia and Wikileaks?

Eugene Robinson: Why the cover-up?

—————
WASHINGTON — We know that President Trump and his campaign either colluded with the Russian effort to undermine U.S. democracy or tried mightily to do so. We know that Trump has apparently obstructed justice to try to halt investigation into what happened. What we don’t know is whether Congress, in the end, will do its sworn duty to protect the Constitution.

We also don’t know what else special counsel Robert Mueller might have discovered, especially about the Trump family’s international financial dealings. Or what Mueller might be learning from Trump’s former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty last Friday to lying to the FBI and is cooperating with investigators. Or how far Trump, who is increasingly frantic, might yet go to squash the Mueller probe.

It is true that there is no federal statute against “collusion.” But a specific law is not necessary for citizens and their representatives in Congress to make a judgment: Is it acceptable for a presidential candidate and officials of his campaign to encourage an adversarial foreign power’s efforts to meddle in the U.S. election process — and then seek to reward that foreign power by easing sanctions? Yes or no?

I’m no fan of conspiracy theories, and I’m not interested in carrying water for the Democratic Party, which should have been able to beat Trump, no matter what the Russians did. But what we have learned thus far is truly shocking...
—————

everyone? you sound like Ed McMahon

Trump, Trump Jr, Pence, Flynn, Manafort, Kushner, Gates, Spicer, Sanders, Conaway, etc

You’re avoiding the question but yes, everyone who has been asked.

I guess Trumps International sleezy business dealings made him ripe for the pickings with all of these goons.

With that said, for a guy with all of his baggage, he’s not necessarily a dirty politician. Maybe a sleezy idiot.

Sorry to say but lifetime politicians in the club are crooked, selfish, unethical, pandering suckups. Oh and sexual deviants and perverts, a few pedos that we know of for now.

They just dress nice and and come from good breeding grounds.

For a guy like trump to win, I think people had zero respect for the whole bunch of them in Washington, both parties.

Which of those words you use to describe politicos not apply to donald trump? Perhaps the only differences between trump and the swamp donkeys in Washington is that he's rich and couldn't pass a HS Civics test.

Sailor needs the lies to be told under oath on an unedited video aired on Sean Hannity’s show with the liar holding two forms of government ID while the liar’s family confirms the liar’s identity via secure connection. Each family member also needs to provide two forms of government ID to be certain they’re who they say they are.

[video]http://www.cc.com/video-clips/5uemlz/chappelle-s-show-celebrity-trial-jury-selection---uncensored[/video]

I often think of this bit from Chappelle with the rubes continued defense of trump as they amend their positions with each new indictment.

I guess Trumps International sleezy business dealings made him ripe for the pickings with all of these goons.

With that said, for a guy with all of his baggage, he’s not necessarily a dirty politician. Maybe a sleezy idiot.

Sorry to say but lifetime politicians in the club are crooked, selfish, unethical, pandering suckups. Oh and sexual deviants and perverts, a few pedos that we know of for now.

They just dress nice and and come from good breeding grounds.

For a guy like trump to win, I think people had zero respect for the whole bunch of them in Washington, both parties.

It's not dirty to make the government pay his private businesses tens of millions of dollars? It's not dirty to let people who want to do business with the US that they should stay at his hotels rather than others? It's not dirty to knowingly lie about basically every single subject?

that's just the beginning. He acts like a third world dictator.

Sailor needs the lies to be told under oath on an unedited video aired on Sean Hannity’s show with the liar holding two forms of government ID while the liar’s family confirms the liar’s identity via secure connection. Each family member also needs to provide two forms of government ID to be certain they’re who they say they are.

you're just lazy

“Did I meet with people that were Russian? I'm sure, I'm sure I did. But none that were set up. None that I can think of at the moment. And certainly none that I was representing the presidential campaign in any way, shape or form.”

Donald Trump Jr

So at this point we have three possibilities of what's going on:

A. Trump actively knew what he was doing and knew that he would need help from Russia to win the election, so he told everybody around him to get as much info as possible to work with Russia to help out and perhaps strengthen relationships between himself and Putin once he got in office. This means everybody he hired (Manafort, Flynn, etc.) was done so in an attempt to use their leverage to better his situation.

B. Trump and his cronies got offered something from Russia, they said "sure, why not, let's go get it", didn't realize the severity of what they were doing, and are now lying about it to cover their tracks even though the FBI would never ask you about this stuff unless they already knew you did it, which is further incriminating them all because they are dumb and lying to federal agents. Trump had no idea about Manafort because he didn't properly vet him because he's an idiot, and just got caught up in this because he is an idiot surrounded by idiots.

C. This is all made up and a partisan witch hunt led by the FBI and Robert Mueller to try to get Trump out of office.

Which one is the most likely?

Also, since Trump is President of the United States I would say there is a pretty big issue if you believe A or B because he is either working with Russia intimately, or he is just really fucking stupid and doesn't know anything about politics.

So at this point we have three possibilities of what's going on:

A. Trump actively knew what he was doing and knew that he would need help from Russia to win the election, so he told everybody around him to get as much info as possible to work with Russia to help out and perhaps strengthen relationships between himself and Putin once he got in office. This means everybody he hired (Manafort, Flynn, etc.) was done so in an attempt to use their leverage to better his situation.

B. Trump and his cronies got offered something from Russia, they said "sure, why not, let's go get it", didn't realize the severity of what they were doing, and are now lying about it to cover their tracks even though the FBI would never ask you about this stuff unless they already knew you did it, which is further incriminating them all because they are dumb and lying to federal agents. Trump had no idea about Manafort because he didn't properly vet him because he's an idiot, and just got caught up in this because he is an idiot surrounded by idiots.

C. This is all made up and a partisan witch hunt led by the FBI and Robert Mueller to try to get Trump out of office.

Which one is the most likely?

Also, since Trump is President of the United States I would say there is a pretty big issue if you believe A or B because he is either working with Russia intimately, or he is just really fucking stupid and doesn't know anything about politics.

Regardless of which answer you choose, I think the last sentence is mostly true, especially that last phrase of it.

Most likely? C. B is possible.

I'm guessing you are trolling...but I will respond anyway.

You think Robert Mueller, a former US Deputy Attorney General under Bush, a Princeton graduate, a Marine Corps veteran, a former Director of the FBI under both a Republican and a Democratic President, and head of a Special Counsel Investigation looking into Russian Interference in the '16 elections is leading a partisan witch hunt solely to get Donald Trump removed from the Presidency?

Not just that, but there is an agency wide conspiracy by the FBI, one of the most thoroughly vetted agencies and jobs in the world, to basically overthrow the President of the USA, when that would effectively amount to treason if found out. Not to mention nearly 1/3 of all FBI agents and field officers were in the military at some point and have defended the country both domestically and worldwide.

You think this is more likely than Donald Trump actually doing something that has caused this Counsel to be convened and carried out as it has been?

I just want to make sure I understand what you are picking here and where you are coming from.

Back