• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

Ok, let's start with Flynn. Oh yeah you've already decided he looks dumb, so case closed, charges dismissed. Let's move on to Sessions "revising" his congressional testimony after the media found out he mistruthed his testimony. Sessions isn't very smart looking either, but let's try to get some substance in this line of excuses. The attorney general nominee and someone who was a senator for nearly 30 years should know better than to mistruth while under oath at a senate hearing.

IIRC, Flynn lied to the FBI about what he said to the Russian ambassador, which is what he lied to the VP about and got fired for it by Trump, not too smart but it would be good to know what the substance of the conversation was and why he lied about it both to Trump and the FBI; he also lobbied for Turkey without registering as a lobbyist, also pretty dumb

should I be outraged, well actually I'm more worried than outraged, worried that this man is considered to be a top intelligence expert, folks we got problems in the intelligence community (along with other places)

IIRC, Sessions claims that he understood the question to be in the context of the campaign and he did not meet with any Russians as part of the campaign, which for all we know is true

as far as Sessions smarts is concerned, you might be right about him but I think you need to be careful with some of these good ol' boys, their looks can be deceptive

There are two options for Sessions after his testimony to Congress:

1. He's lying about what he remembers to avoid committing clear perjury
2. He has the absolute worst memory ever

IIRC, Flynn lied to the FBI about what he said to the Russian ambassador, which is what he lied to the VP about and got fired for it by Trump, not too smart but it would be good to know what the substance of the conversation was and why he lied about it both to Trump and the FBI; he also lobbied for Turkey without registering as a lobbyist, also pretty dumb

should I be outraged, well actually I'm more worried than outraged, worried that this man is considered to be a top intelligence expert, folks we got problems in the intelligence community (along with other places)

IIRC, Sessions claims that he understood the question to be in the context of the campaign and he did not meet with any Russians as part of the campaign, which for all we know is true

as far as Sessions smarts is concerned, you might be right about him but I think you need to be careful with some of these good ol' boys, their looks can be deceptive

Based on what I have heard nobody remembers a god damn thing about anything they did in the past two years with regards to the Trump campaign.

You can't be both super intelligent and have that bad of a memory.

They are either outright lying about their memory because they know they need to, or are just dumb as a box of rocks.

Weak sauce. The question is why did they lie in the first place. I'll give you reasonable doubt so far on sessions but Flynn just straight up lied, why? Lets move on to Kushner "revising" his financial disclosure forms 39 times and also first saying he wasn't at the Trump Tower meeting and then later admitting he was after Donnie Jr released the emails. Why lie?

Weak sauce. The question is why did they lie in the first place. I'll give you reasonable doubt so far on sessions but Flynn just straight up lied, why? Lets move on to Kushner "revising" his financial disclosure forms 39 times and also first saying he wasn't at the Trump Tower meeting and then later admitting he was after Donnie Jr released the emails. Why lie?

If only one of our esteemed posters was part of this investigation to ask the right question.

If only one of our esteemed posters was part of this investigation to ask the right question.

WHY DO YOU LIE???!!?!?

These guys just aren't very smart and it all went way to far.

And that's the most generous interpretation of everything that's gone on.

we don't know why Flynn lied in the first place, does anybody? but I guess everybody is free to speculate, maybe eventually Flynn will tell us, maybe not, maybe there is a recording, who knows?

I don't know why Kushner has revised his financial statements so often, probably hasn't a clue about all that he has a financial interest in

from what we know that Trump Tower meeting is gonna be tough to base any prosecution or impeachment on but people are free to try, the whole thing looks like a set up, or a big waste of time, or both

why lie about it? short memory - there were a lot of pointless meetings, no doubt - or who knows?

just curious, do any of his revisions of his financial statement show that maybe he was doing something illegal and trying to hide it?

WHY DO YOU LIE???!!?!?

I really don't get it. This didn't turn into a criminal investigation by Comey until he realized they were all lying about what went down. It started as a counter intelligence operation, you know so we could figure out what the hell went on and how shut the whole thing down in the future, but Trump's guys kept lying as if they had something to hide.

we don't know why Flynn lied in the first place, does anybody? but I guess everybody is free to speculate, maybe eventually Flynn will tell us, maybe not, maybe there is a recording, who knows?

I don't know why Kushner has revised his financial statements so often, probably hasn't a clue about all that he has a financial interest in

from what we know that Trump Tower meeting is gonna be tough to base any prosecution or impeachment on but people are free to try, the whole thing looks like a set up, or a big waste of time, or both

why lie about it? short memory - there were a lot of pointless meetings, no doubt - or who knows?

just curious, do any of his revisions of his financial statement show that maybe he was doing something illegal and trying to hide it?

I don't know, but omitting the info in the first place is/was illegal.

You are very generous in your willingness to assume the benefit of the doubt with these people. All I see is the need to investigate who lied, about what, why, and was it illegal.

Impeachment isn't gonna happen because conservatives will die before they take a moral stand. Prosecution could happen depending on what information is still out there.

It's one thing to forget a meeting or two. Kushner had to change that filing three times and add over 100 meetings. Kinda hard to say that wasn't intentional.

It's also difficult to believe that it wasn't intentional to omit well into nine figures of investments.

I don't know, but omitting the info in the first place is/was illegal.

You are very generous in your willingness to assume the benefit of the doubt with these people. All I see is the need to investigate who lied, about what, why, and was it illegal.

I have not opposed investigations. The one currently run by a special prosecutor, who has chosen to fill his staff with opponents of the president, does not inspire much confidence and - as far as we know - has found little in connection with the original charge that Trump conspired with the Russians to steal the presidential election of 2016.

I forgot to add that congressional investigations - IIRC - have shown that the dems and their fearless leader (I must not mention that name) conspired with the Russians through proxies to salaciously smear Trump, so there's that.

I have not opposed investigations. The one currently run by a special prosecutor, who has chosen to fill his staff with opponents of the president, does not inspire much confidence and - as far as we know - has found little in connection with the original charge that Trump conspired with the Russians to steal the presidential election of 2016.

That is such BS! Mueller has about 20 top lawyers and then their staffs. Faux News has tried to paint about 3-5 people as partisan. 3-5 people of a staff of over 100 is not "filled", except to extremists and apologists. BTW, donating under $1000 to a candidate doesn't make you a partisan.

I forgot to add that congressional investigations - IIRC - have shown that the dems and their fearless leader (I must not mention that name) conspired with the Russians through proxies to salaciously smear Trump, so there's that.

They have done no such thing. They have proven as much as their 47 or 97 or was it 307 Benghazzi hearings did.

So a prosecutor should fill a staff with friends of the people he's prosecuting. Got it.

What is your evidence of this claim?

Back