• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Syracuse - Wake game thread (Foot of snow)

Odom outplayed his seed once. Same as dino. Odom team won a 5/4 & dino won a 9/8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

8-9 games don't count as outplaying your seed, as far as I am concerned. 4-5 isn't that much, either, though there is more difference between 4-5 than 8-9. 8-9 games are pure tossups. Outplaying your seed are games like when you beat a 26-1 Arkansas team or a 24-2 DePaul team.

8-9 games don't count as outplaying your seed, as far as I am concerned. 4-5 isn't that much, either, though there is more difference between 4-5 than 8-9. 8-9 games are pure tossups. Outplaying your seed are games like when you beat a 26-1 Arkansas team or a 24-2 DePaul team.

If you're good enough to do that, why weren't you seeded higher to begin with?

Was the Arkansas game really a huge upset? Wake was running a gaudy one or two loss record until they fell apart at the end of the year playing in a much tougher conference. That was a top 5 team that pretty much collapsed over the last few weeks of the season. But rebounded for the NCAA tournament

Last edited:
These last couple pages are great with Boob, Bob and RJ!

Just looked it up Arkansas was the only team in the Southwest Conference that was ranked that entire year and only got into the top 10 at the very end of the year never entered the top five after the loss to wake they drop all the way to 18th

Can't wait until the Duke game tomorrow, if only because it should finally kill this thread.

After recent events at Duke, I'm afraid that this might not be a very good time to be playing the Blue Devils. I remember the way Indiana teams responded several times after Coach Knight pulled a move similar to what Coach K just did....and this move by Coach K is just a carbon copy of the mind games he learned from Coach Knight.

I'm expecting a lot of terrible calls against WF. The recently set game thread record of 76 officiating complaint posts might be in jeopardy.

After recent events at Duke, I'm afraid that this might not be a very good time to be playing the Blue Devils. I remember the way Indiana teams responded several times after Coach Knight pulled a move similar to what Coach K just did....and this move by Coach K is just a carbon copy of the mind games he learned from Coach Knight.

I'm expecting a lot of terrible calls against WF. The recently set game thread record of 76 officiating complaint posts might be in jeopardy.

I don't necessarily believe in the motivation stuff. K isn't even coaching the game and I think it is just as likely that the fragile snowflakes fall apart the rest of the way. If what people are saying is correct, there are other issues that are deeper than just needing a wake-up call.

Having said that, we could also get pasted like GT did a few weeks back.

I was worried that the whole locker room/gear thing was going to hurt us until I saw the quote from Capel last night saying he is disappointed that something that was supposed to stay in house was leaked to the media. Something stinks pretty bad over in Durham right now and I think we have a chance to take advantage.

I don't necessarily believe in the motivation stuff. K isn't even coaching the game and I think it is just as likely that the fragile snowflakes fall apart the rest of the way. If what people are saying is correct, there are other issues that are deeper than just needing a wake-up call.

Having said that, we could also get pasted like GT did a few weeks back.

Never underestimate the power of the dark side. Darth K will use his mind tricks to motivate his players and influence the refs I'm afraid, even from his bed.

If you're expecting a lot of terrible calls, why would you have a problem with fans complaining about them?

Back