• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Syracuse - Wake game thread (Foot of snow)

In this thread an old man who walked from Greensboro to Winston because he was so upset about the officiating in a game lectures fans of his alma mater about complaining about calls on a game thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That was one completely obvious call (the ball didn't get within six feet of the scoreboard)...in one game...in 60 years of watching basketball. Not bitching incessantly about every single goddamned call that goes against you in every single goddamned game.

And I didn't walk from Greensboro to Winston-Salem. I walked from the coliseum to the intersection of NC Hwy 220 & NC Hwy 62.....about 13 miles. (Fortunately, it was a nice afternoon for early March in North Carolina.)

ETA: Also, I was 28 years old when that happened.....similar to the age of many posters here. That probably says a lot about my lack of judgment at the time.

Last edited:
That was one completely obvious call (the ball didn't get within six feet of the scoreboard)...in one game...in 60 years of watching basketball. Not bitching incessantly about every single goddamned call that goes against you in every single goddamned game.

And I didn't walk from Greensboro to Winston-Salem. I walked from the coliseum to the intersection of NC Hwy 220 & NC Hwy 62.....about 13 miles. (Fortunately, it was a nice afternoon for early March in North Carolina.)

Why no response to your obvious BS that "Bob Knight NEVER whined about refs"?

His history is replete with childish, boorish outbursts towards refs. He was suspended and fined multiple times for his outbursts. But in out BKF's world these events (with video) never happened.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Why no response to your obvious BS that "Bob Knight NEVER whined about refs"?

His history is replete with childish, boorish outbursts towards refs. He was suspended and fined multiple times for his outbursts. But in out BKF's world these events (with video) never happened.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stop making a fool out of yourself, RJ.

If it makes you feel any better Bob I thought we got extremely favorable officiating in the State game that helped us hold on

Good grief - the last couple of pages is basically the short bus of this board.

When it comes to crunch time, you can't win without playing defense. This is why WF hasn't been worth a damn in post-season since Dave Odom left. WF hasn't had a coach whose teams played any defense since then. You can attract a lot of talent...like Skip did and Manning may be able to do...and possibly run up a gaudy regular season record by simply outscoring opponents early in the season with your superior talent. When you get to the post-season, though....and especially after the first game in these 68-team fields....you are going to be playing teams with talent similar to yours. That's when you have to play defense to continue to advance...and WF hasn't had a coach since Odom who could coach a team to play defense necessary to get past the opening round of the NCAA Tournament. (And, of course, when you cannot even attract the talent necessary to beat those early season opponents you get the disasters we have seen for the past several years. The bottom line, though, is that you are not going to win when it comes to crunch time without playing defense.)

Is that why Odom teams always outplayed their seed?

Is that why Odom teams always outplayed their seed?

Nobody always outplays their seed....but at least Odom's teams could play defense well enough to do it some of the time, unlike Skip & Dino's teams that never won an NCAA post-season game when they were a lower seed.

Nobody always outplays their seed....but at least Odom's teams could play defense well enough to do it some of the time, unlike Skip & Dino's teams that never won an NCAA post-season game when they were a lower seed.
Odom outplayed his seed once. Same as dino. Odom team won a 5/4 & dino won a 9/8.

Can't wait until the Duke game tomorrow, if only because it should finally kill this thread.

Back