• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Syracuse - Wake game thread (Foot of snow)

Woods is a good player. Just stop with the dumbness.

Amazing how quickly Saturday is forgotten. He is probably our 3rd best player and a good one. He had a bad game. It is so difficult to win on the road. Cuse hasn't lost at home in conference yet and won all by double digits until tonight.

woods was supposed to be some stone cold sharp shooter. He's just another tentative short ass defensive liability guard we always get and have to play.

He's the best 3 point shooter on the team, the second best shooter on the team who plays over 20 min and has less turnovers per game than JC, BC, Dinos and the same as Chill who plays under 20 min a game... solid take though.

Also: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points/group/2
take a quick look at that page then get back to your amazing hot take.

Last edited:
I agree that this year's CBB officiating is absolutely brutal, but the NBA is a joke, too. Continuation, advancing the ball with a timeout, the number of games, etc... No thanks. Like I said, the playoffs are great. Regular season? Ugh.

give me the NBA any day of the week. This coming from a guy who despised the NBA about 3 years ago

Yep this is where I'm at. I want to come out and beat the shit out of Duke Friday. If we were only going to win one of Syracuse and Duke I'll take beating Duke every day of week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt. Beating Duke will be way better for the resume, as well.

Capel sucks. Let's do this

If Dino's makes that FT, you never know what happens. If they finally miss one, we'd have one last shot down 2 or at least a chance at intentionally missing a FT down 2.

I agree that this year's CBB officiating is absolutely brutal, but the NBA is a joke, too. Continuation, advancing the ball with a timeout, the number of games, etc... No thanks. Like I said, the playoffs are great. Regular season? Ugh.

The officiating has been like this for a few years now. Give me the NBA every day of the week.

Woods is a good player. Just stop with the dumbness.

This. We would be awful without Woods. We let that one get away, yes..but everything we want is still in front of us. Bring on Giles.

Just went back to rewatch, it was at the 5 second mark, ball gets barley stripped out of his hands and bounces high, acts very casually about it and in that time the defender is able to poke it directly back to his teammate who secures the ball and the game is over.

Yeah. That's the play I was talking about. He didn't want to get a backcourt violation.

If Dino's makes that FT, you never know what happens. If they finally miss one, we'd have one last shot down 2 or at least a chance at intentionally missing a FT down 2.

Or if they call either of the two fouls correctly aka calling it a shooting foul on craw and an offensive foul instead of a foul on Chill.

No way Clemson was way worse. We lead all god damn game and winning on the road is so much harder than home.

Yeah, really not even close. Clemson loss was a dagger. At home against a team we're better than. Gotta hold serve in games like that. A win at Syracuse would have been great but unexpected.

Yeah. That's the play I was talking about. He didn't want to get a backcourt violation.

would it have been a backcourt though? It was tipped so it shouldn't have been.

We blew an 8 point second half lead. Again. Ugh.

I think we might have been up 8 in the second half against FSU as well. Up 13 at home against Clemson at one point. Was hoping that State win would allow us to get over the hump mentally and close out games, but I guess not.

We played fine. Just didn't hit the feet set, wide open threes we got. Arians missed at least 3 I saw. Dinos missed 2 more. Woods wasnt ready to shoot we he was on the perimeter.

Duke has to play us when we are pissed off because we lost. Since that was supposed to motivate them, I suppose it will motivate us, correct?

Yeah, really not even close. Clemson loss was a dagger. At home against a team we're better than. Gotta hold serve in games like that. A win at Syracuse would have been great but unexpected.

Yep, a win tonight would have helped our resume but a loss doesn't hurt much at all. That Clemson one though, that is the one that we could possibly regret on selection Sunday .

We blew an 8 point second half lead. Again. Ugh.

I think we might have been up 8 in the second half against FSU as well. Up 13 at home against Clemson at one point. Was hoping that State win would allow us to get over the hump mentally and close out games, but I guess not.

We've been in every game this year except the nova game really. Doesn't matter if it was home or away. That is a great improvement from where we were. Now we need to wins the ones vs those teams that are our equal or worse on the road in conference. Like Saturday.

Back