• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Thank you Jim Grobe thread

Love you Jim. Great job. We need to build on what you have done. Thanks.

In. Great run, coach. Hope the next guy is as principled as Grobe.

In on this.

Thanks for everything you've done for Wake Forest, Coach.

what a great thread of judas kisses. now our wonderful fans are about to find out how damn good grobe really was. jim caldwell is available for a return engagement.

Recognizing that we need to move on from Grobe and appreciating the work he has done for us in the past are not mutually exclusive items. It is time to move on. He will always be remembered as one of the all time greats, but doesn't mean he is our coach for life. If you don't produce then it is the AD's responsibility to find someone that will. Past success will give you a longer plank, but if you eventually you still have to bring home the wins or you will be gone. Saban has had an incredible run at Bama, but if he had 5 straight losing seasons he would be fired, regardless of the fact that he has completely dominated college football the past 5-10 years (or however long he has been at Bama).

I appreciate Grobe. I think it was time for him to go...mainly because he had lost his edge...specifically he didn't have the stones to shake up his coaching staff in a meaningful manner.

He started at Wake my freshman year, so I haven't known a Wake Football program without Jim Grobe at the helm. The 2006 season and the Orange Bowl were some of the greatest sports experiences of my life, and Grobe made them so.

If there is any billboard money in the Buzzout campaign coffers, it would be well-used to show Jim MF'EN Grobe some love.

Thanks Coach Grobe for all the great memories…you are truly a class act and will be missed.

Coach Grobe, thank you for allowing me to utter seven words I never imagined I would say in order - Wake Forest Demon Deacons ACC Football Champions!

Thanks Coach Grobe. We will always remember you fondly. You have done great things for Wake Forest. Best of luck in all you future endeavors.

Thanks Coach Grobe. You carried yourself with class everyday you were here. I wish you nothing but good health and happiness in whatever you do.

In. Thanks for taking wake football to new heights, and doing it with class and dignity.

They were the best of times...

ema2a6e7.jpg

Thanks, Coach!

If there is any billboard money in the Buzzout campaign coffers, it would be well-used to show Jim MF'EN Grobe some love.

Count me in for this. It might also take away from the "lunatic fringe is responsible for billboards" bullshit.

Last edited:
Thank you, Grobe!

Going to three bowls, an ACC Championship game, and being able to step on the Orange Bowl field as a student would not have been possible without your great work.

You're a good man, Jim Grobe. Thanks for your service to Wake Forest. You made me and a generation of Wake fans Proud to be a Demon Deacon!

Thanks, Coach Grobe, your body of work is unassailable. You leave big shoes.

Takes a special kind of coach and a special kind of team to create a memory that an entire fanbase will remember for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for everything Coach!

Back